Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

How Long for Ticket to be Cancelled After No Show?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2014, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

I misplaced my passport recently and I wasn't able to fly out last Friday. The return leg for January is still showing in MMB.

When will this disappear? It's taunting me every time I log in to my account. In fact, I'm only logging in now to see if it's still there or not.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by MSN095
When will this disappear?
When the reservation is cancelled.

Whether that will be soon, or not until after the sector departs, is anyone's guess.

Are you interested in actually flying that sector or not? Have you completely abandoned the trip simply because you missed the first sector?
Old Dec 22, 2014, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Which route is it? Shorthaul?
Old Dec 22, 2014, 4:26 pm
Original Poster

Shorthaul route booked in CE. I was supposed to fly out with the OH to spend Christmas with her and her family. If I can get another passport then I would fly out and join her and travel back with her. I have an appointment for a replacement tomorrow but it could take a week to process.

There's no flexibility in the ticket. My understanding was that if you didn't show for the first leg then the subsequent legs would be cancelled.

There are a handful of flights with points over the next couple of days, which I could take to travel out. I'd love to fly the return as it would save burning a large hole in my pocket.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 5:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
It could be as soon as the aircraft pushed from the gate. Call and ask.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 11:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Often1
It could be as soon as the aircraft pushed from the gate. Call and ask.
I suppose it's academic until I get my passport.

I can still move seats in MMB. I even get the confirmation email from BA when I do. If I enter my PNR into checkmytrip.com I can locate my ticket number and the return flight details etc.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 3:28 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Definitely worth calling them. I left medication in the car and only realised at the departure gate. They very kindly moved me to a later flight that day but when I decided not to travel because the medication couldn't be located, I called and lost the outward flight but they very kindly preserved the return for use at a future date. Might have been lucky but worth a go.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 5:31 am
Original Poster

As anticipated, the Passport Office wouldn't issue a replacement passport today because the passport has not been stolen. It will take 7 days but I was advised that it will probably take a little longer because of the holidays, so sometime in the First week of the new year is more realistic.

The wife and kids won't be happy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.