Community
Wiki Posts
Search

can the tables in CE be easily removed.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2014, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

can the tables in CE be easily removed.

I just wondered if anyone knows whether the tables can be easily converted into a normal seat for extra space...I must say I did try this this morning, but was not overly successful (well not successful at all!). I definitely prefer to have the seat free to put things on!

And as a follow on has anyone done this yet and do the crew get angry about it!?
Old Dec 20, 2014, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Yes, it sort of unclips and then folds down below the seat. You should ask the crew whether it's OK, and put it back in place at the end of the flight for the return. Obviously if there is someone next to you then their preference should be taken into account.
LTN Phobia likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Thanks Genius1, Yes I would absolutely only consider t if noone was in the adjacent seat or if i was travelling with someone.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Abstract1
I just wondered if anyone knows whether the tables can be easily converted into a normal seat for extra space...I must say I did try this this morning, but was not overly successful (well not successful at all!). I definitely prefer to have the seat free to put things on!

And as a follow on has anyone done this yet and do the crew get angry about it!?
You can put things on the table ... that is the purpose of a table ... There is also some space under the table on the seat as well.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Calchas
You can put things on the table ... that is the purpose of a table ... There is also some space under the table on the seat as well.
Thank you Calchas, let me know when your book of table tips is out!

I just prefer to have the empty seat there, as i like to keep my coat next to me usually as well as other things and just easier if no table!
Old Dec 20, 2014, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Abstract1
Thank you Calchas, let me know when your book of table tips is out!

I just prefer to have the empty seat there, as i like to keep my coat next to me usually as well as other things and just easier if no table!
I think the format will be a coffee-table book.

We did have a thread around here showing you how to fold out the CE table, presumably you could follow the instructions in reverse, but I can no longer find it.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 2:36 pm

Last edited by angatol; Mar 1, 2015 at 1:47 am
Old Dec 20, 2014, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Thank you Calchas and Angatol, I will give that a go!...(with prior approval from CC!)
Old Dec 20, 2014, 4:33 pm

The crew should be able to do it for you if you ask nicely

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.