Search

Transfering Avios from BAEC to Avios.com

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2014, 12:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Gold, *A Gold, IHG Plat., Hilton Gold, Etihad Guest Gold
Transfering Avios from BAEC to Avios.com

Hello All,
I would like to book a hotel stay and want to move avios from my British Airways account to my avios.com account.

Is this possible in anyway?

Second Question : How do i find the required avios for a booking. The BAEC page keeps telling me to call a contact center.

Thank you in advance
Old Dec 20, 2014, 12:47 am

Programs: BA GGL (but soon to lose the GL :-(), IHG Spire Amb, Hilton Dmnd (and pleb/pleb-plus in 1001 others)
You can transfer the miles from your BAEC account under "Manage my account"/"Combine my Avios".

Don't understand the second question sorry!
Old Dec 20, 2014, 12:50 am
Original Poster

Thanks flibbly. My second question was, more of if I fail to move my avios from BAEC to Avios.com how do I find out the number of avios required to book a hotel via the BAEC site.

In particular I want to book two nights at the crowne plaza monomotapa Harare Zimbabwe. On avios.com its 53000 avios. Would it be the same on BAEC?
Old Dec 20, 2014, 2:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
If you go to your exec club home page you can make a dummy booking for a hotel just as you can for a flight
Old Dec 20, 2014, 2:07 am
Original Poster

@pauln I think maybe because of the region my BAEC account is set to we do not have the ability to book online. That said I managed to move my avios from BAEC to Avios.com but now I have another problem.. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ying-book.html
Old Dec 20, 2014, 2:57 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
If you try to book via avios.com the region does not matter, as your account must be in the UK only.
In BAEC, if your account is in a region that you cannot book hotels, you can't select the option from the menu.
I suppose it's the website that is broken, just try calling.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 5:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I have the same trouble as you in that I can't enter the book hotels with Avios section through my BAEC account due to being based here. It tells me to call my centre - a recent post here by a member said they were asked to pay an offline booking fee when doing so which is a bit rich.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 4:12 pm
Original Poster

I finally managed to make the hotel booking with some trouble!

sufficient to say last time I will be using avios to book a hotel. 40minutes of tinkering on the internet was a pain. The avios online help kept telling me it was my browser. In actual fact it was the fact that i was making the booking from an internet connection that was out of GB

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.