Wiki Posts
Search

Changing a TA booking thats been UuA

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2014, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Changing a TA booking thats been UuA

I have a booking made through our corporate TA which I upgraded from Club to First using Avios. It now looks like I need to change the date of my flight... the original booking in Club was semi-flex (changeable for a fee), should I still be able to change this OK? I understand I probably wont get an F award seat, however a bit worried now as I thought I read somewhere that once you upgraded a TA booking, the TA could no longer make changes??
Old Dec 19, 2014, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
The fare rules don't change, but BA now owns the ticket and you need to change it with them.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 3:57 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
And, you will probably need to remind BA that they own it now. It can also get pretty confusing for BA, as it might be that your ticket needs to be worked on manually.

We had tickets like this over the summer, and it was quite interesting to see how screwed up it got. In the end it all worked out quite good. But it did cause our desk agent a good bit of extra work when he was trying to get us properly ticked for a reroute and upgrade.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 6:17 am

Programs: OWS IHG Diamond + Accor Plat, Scandic Top Level
I have POUG online, arrived at PEK, found it was not ticketed, contacted our corporate TA to be told as suggested that BA now own the ticket. Took some persistence from the TA and much stress on my part waiting for good news.
So I would suggest that you do contact BA early and get organised before travel, they may be some back forth communication between BA and your TA to get sorted. Hope its painless for you.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 8:11 am

What Engineering Travel says. Twitter is a good place to contact BA in such situations.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 4:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
I managed to get my flight changed...called BAEC and the gave the agent details of the new flights I wanted. After a while on hold she came back and said that someone would call me back as she was unable to calculate if there was any costs for the change (my TA tells me the original booking was fully flex and this should still apply even though I upgraded using Avios.. surprisingly the TA seemed fairly knowledgeable on this).

After the call, I was able to see the new flight details in MBB (along beside my original ones). After a few days the original flight details dropped out MMB leaving just the new ones however I they do not yet have a Ticket number against them and no one from BA called me back. I called BAEC again to check and was told not to worry and that someone would ticket them soon. My flight is not until 1st Feb so there is plenty time however does anyone know how long these can usually take?
I'm keeping a close eye on it as we had an issue with a changed flight last year where we had to change a connection (due to a BA schedule change) and the flights were never ticketed which caused an issue when we tried to check in so I am not convinced that someone will actually proactively action this.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 10:56 am

Keep an eye on the flights. When I did a UUA with a TA ticket, there ended up being a currency exchange problem. The BA agent that finally got things straightened out for the flight mentioned that things weren't correct until I could see the Baggage information.

Even then I could only print out boarding passes for myself and not my wife, who ended up getting a not magic beep and an electronics search at the gate for the long haul.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.