Community
Wiki Posts
Search

American booking for BA flights.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2014, 9:23 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
You can just put a hold on the flights on aa.com, make sure your BAEC number is in and the booking will come up in MMB with the exact number of avios and TPs (i.e. before you have decided whether to actually pay for it).
Old Dec 19, 2014, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by crazy8534
You can just put a hold on the flights on aa.com, make sure your BAEC number is in and the booking will come up in MMB with the exact number of avios and TPs (i.e. before you have decided whether to actually pay for it).
Just done that but I can't seem to find it on my BAEC account..
Old Dec 19, 2014, 9:49 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by Calum
Oh dear- usually works fine, you logged out and in to BA again?
Old Dec 19, 2014, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Oh dear- usually works fine, you logged out and in to BA again?
You sound like the BT man... but yes, that did work! thanks!
Old Dec 19, 2014, 9:59 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by Calum
Quote:

You can only hold "all AA" flights - not bookings that contain eg a BA flight.

However, only bookings with a BA element will show on MMB.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by chris1979

However, only bookings with a BA element will show on MMB.
That used to be correct but I noticed that it changed recently, I don't know why. Give it a try if you like.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Deleted
Old Dec 19, 2014, 12:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by chris1979
That used to be correct but I noticed that it changed recently, I don't know why. Give it a try if you like.
I find there's a bit of inconsistency but AA coded flights can usually be held, including those on BA metal.

Not pertinent to this thread but I always find it strange that you can hold BA award flights on aa.com but not ba.com. Useful that.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 3:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
And you have to route from DUB to CPH or vice versa to get rid of a bit of YQ. Voila the price
Out of curiosity, why DUB to CPH or vice versa? Why is that less YQ than if you went, say, to and from DUB?

I knew YQ calculation is a weird one, but that seems particularly bizarre.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TravellingSalesman
Out of curiosity, why DUB to CPH or vice versa? Why is that less YQ than if you went, say, to and from DUB?

I knew YQ calculation is a weird one, but that seems particularly bizarre.
I don't know how it works but ending it in CPH rather than DUB took the price down from £900 to £760. I'm going to fly from LCY back to Scotland and miss the CPH/DUB connection at LHR.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LIS is another good one, from the West Coast at least; AA always seems to have dirt cheap fares there and you can route through MAD for an extra 40 points—but only if you fly on an AA code. Doesn't always extend to Hawaii though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.