Oneworld First Lounge LAX

Old Dec 17, 2014, 7:01 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hyatt Plat, Amex Plat.

Good news finally for F and Golds travelling thru LAX. The F lounge opens .......tomorrow, December 18. Not such good news for me as I am here tonight.

Consistent with all the press that has been circulated on this lounge, it is very much a Qantas thing. Indeed, tonight Qantas is hosting an event in the Flounge celebrating its opening. Passengers not invited, and no other airline involved, so I can give no inside intelligence on champagne brands, other booze and the food in the 'restaurant'. I do know that the lovely cream colored Eames chairs (whose idea was 'cream?') that were in the biz lounge on opening and then disappeared, are in the Flounge.

All not lost however, I did learn tonight that you can side step the Gloria Ferrer soda stream fizzed white wine in the regular lounge by asking for the real thing......meaning Nicholas Feuillate. Believe me, a small yet ver welcome development.

May be some one travelling thru here in the next few days can give us the pertinent facts once the lounge opens to mere mortal passengers....
Old Dec 18, 2014, 12:21 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
Really looking forward to it, QF F-Lounges are really nice - well, in fact I even like the joint lounges like in SIN or HKG tremendously!
Australian Business Traveller has some further information about the LAX lounge, including a brief video - Link.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 8:29 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, BA GGL/CCR,/GFL, A3 Gold, JBU Mosaic, ITA Executive, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Purim
Good news finally for F and Golds travelling thru LAX. The F lounge opens .......tomorrow, December 18. Not such good news for me as I am here tonight.

Consistent with all the press that has been circulated on this lounge, it is very much a Qantas thing. Indeed, tonight Qantas is hosting an event in the Flounge celebrating its opening. Passengers not invited, and no other airline involved, so I can give no inside intelligence on champagne brands, other booze and the food in the 'restaurant'. I do know that the lovely cream colored Eames chairs (whose idea was 'cream?') that were in the biz lounge on opening and then disappeared, are in the Flounge.

All not lost however, I did learn tonight that you can side step the Gloria Ferrer soda stream fizzed white wine in the regular lounge by asking for the real thing......meaning Nicholas Feuillate. Believe me, a small yet ver welcome development.

May be some one travelling thru here in the next few days can give us the pertinent facts once the lounge opens to mere mortal passengers....
From the pictures the champers looks like NV Laurent-Perrier ans Nicholas Feuillatte Rose, and possibly Mumm Cordon Rouge. Black label and other stuff also visible.
Am I correct? Passing through tomorrow night on the BA big bus, maybe will get a chance to update...
Old Dec 18, 2014, 10:41 pm

Programs: BA (GGL/CCR)
I'm sitting in what is billed as the Qantas first class lounge right now awaiting QF 12. Didn't realise it was quite so new. Staff are all very excited and enthusiastic. Menu is reminiscent of the Sydney lounge e.g. it has salt and pepper squid. There are three excellent red wines and I am guzzling the Pinot. There is a Shiraz from Penfolds. I'm not a champagne aficionado but apparently they have Laurent Perrier, and Nicolas Feuillatte regular and rose. Whether that's good or bad others will have to judge. Nice decor but at the end of a dull corridor just beyond the Korean/Skyteam lounge.
All in all very pleasant. My flight has been called so will have to go but no doubt another FTer will provide more and better info!
Old Dec 19, 2014, 1:23 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

You can find an illustrative article about the new lounge in The Design Air.

http://thedesignair.net/2014/12/18/q...-lounge-in-la/
Old Dec 19, 2014, 4:21 pm

New 1st class one world lounge open at LAX

The new Lounge at LAX opened last night though one world it's totally managed by qantas. Looks to be big but it's afternoon here. Will be interesting to see how it copes with the evening rush
Old Dec 19, 2014, 4:23 pm

Programs: SAS EBD, QR Platinumr, HH Gold, Intercont Platinum Ambassador,CC Gold
Originally Posted by tjinus
The new Lounge at LAX opened last night though one world it's totally managed by qantas. Looks to be big but it's afternoon here. Will be interesting to see how it copes with the evening rush
Pics anyone?
Old Dec 19, 2014, 5:01 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by peterfox
Pics anyone?

Source: Qantas
Old Dec 19, 2014, 5:13 pm

Programs: BA (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by peterfox
Pics anyone?
In design it's like the Qantas first class lounge at Sydney so fans of that will like this one too. There is a long bar with bar stools along one side that looks quite funky and will appeal to many. The dining area - I was told 72 seats - is in the centre. The lounge is big but I can easily see it getting crowded - they limited eligibility for the first night (which enabled me to witness what may have been the lounge's inaugural DYKWIA strop from someone waving a copy of the rules around and demanding to be let in) but it still got fairly full, though not to the point where anyone would have had a problem finding a seat or being served.

Last edited by CCayley; Dec 19, 2014 at 5:16 pm Reason: Prospero got there first!
Old Dec 19, 2014, 5:18 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments

Excellent news. Will be there on Monday and had been dreading the business lounge given recent stories of overcrowding
Old Dec 20, 2014, 12:53 am

Last edited by angatol; Feb 28, 2015 at 10:17 pm
Old Dec 20, 2014, 1:47 am

Could someone report if they have shower suites?

Such things are rarely photographed, so if you can bring yourself to do so, that would be appreciated!
Old Dec 20, 2014, 3:22 am
CTV

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL
Originally Posted by oscietra
Could someone report if they have shower suites?

Such things are rarely photographed, so if you can bring yourself to do so, that would be appreciated!
According to a comment on the Australian Business Traveller site there are indeed showers but I haven't seen any pictures.
Very much looking forward to trying this new lounge in January.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 3:38 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, CC Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by angatol
So no self-serve?
this is excellent

let's haver this everywhere please.

Lounge looks ace
Old Dec 20, 2014, 3:44 am

Last edited by angatol; Feb 28, 2015 at 11:36 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.