Vibrations on the plane

Old Dec 17, 2014, 9:58 pm

Programs: BA-Gold (dropping to Silver soon); AA & Flying Blue; Top Gear (the Clarkson years); Doctor Who :)
I suppose this might work?

Old Dec 18, 2014, 1:36 am

Programs: BA Gold GGL
Vibrations on the plane

Based on the title of this thread, I thought it might be connected to the Strange Feeling in the Sky thread
Old Dec 18, 2014, 2:47 am

Location: 15 minutes west of LHR, Stockholm, or somewhere inbetween.
Programs: BAEC Gold GGL, CCR, GfL, Mucci des Recherches des Consommations Exotiques.
Just make sure you consume a sufficient amount of alcohol before and during the flight.

A sufficient amount will ensure you're oblivious of any vibration, or lack of it as may be after landing.

bjorns
Old Dec 18, 2014, 2:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Speedbird876
Based on the title of this thread, I thought it might be connected to the Strange Feeling in the Sky thread

I'm definitely taking the wrong planes ... all that happens on mine is I meet middle aged men who want to talk about tier points
Old Dec 18, 2014, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, LH Senator *Gold, AA EXP OWE Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by bjorns
Just make sure you consume a sufficient amount of alcohol before and during the flight. A sufficient amount will ensure you're oblivious of any vibration, or lack of it as may be after landing.
+1
The more you drink, the less vibration you will feel. It has always worked for me.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 11:16 am

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
I hate you all, i have honestly never noticed it (ok i do on props). Now i will. Every. Single. Time.

Or maybe it is the drink that makes me oblivious....
Old Dec 18, 2014, 11:34 am
Original Member

In a trip report I posted back in September, I noted a low level vibration on the 380 seat 53a that stopped me sleeping. I did assume at the time that it was coming from the plane rather than my seat neighbour.

"I settled down for sleep. I don't know if it's my location or general for this area but there is a low freq vibration that becomes very disturbing when you put your head down. This really prevented me having a good nights sleep. I've not noticed this on other flights so don't know if it's specific to the 380. It's not because it's quiet as this is a vibration that ear plugs don't stop. Other than this the bed was comfortable and private. I didn't notice noise from the galley when I had ear plugs in. I also had no problem with cabin temperature, a apparent issue on some of the 380s. I managed a few hours of sleep, but I never sleep very well on planes so this was as good as I could expect."
Old Dec 18, 2014, 11:37 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Have a flight in a B17 then you won't notice the BA rattles. We did it in Texas 3 years ago, amazing, walking about in flight and sitting in the plexi glass nose bombadiers position.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 11:43 am

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Calchas
!!? Is that a frequent occurrence?

I'm not sure I'd get much rest in that position.
I've never heard of it happening but there is a big warning on the side and marked area with red dashed lines.

Says something like 'Warning Spinning Prop' or something?

Maybe Vibrex can shed more light on it?
Old Dec 18, 2014, 12:14 pm

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
If everyone onboard hummed really loudly at just the right pitch would it cancel it out? Well up on physics me.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jcm9000
If everyone onboard hummed really loudly at just the right pitch would it cancel it out? Well up on physics me.
I

Never mind.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 4:23 pm

Didn't they make a movie about this...??? "Shakes on a Plane"?
Old Dec 18, 2014, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by xooz
Didn't they make a movie about this...??? "Shakes on a Plane"?
You're hired
Old Dec 19, 2014, 4:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by Speedbird876
I thought something on a similar line, maybe carry on started vibrating by mistake.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 5:03 am

Programs: BAEC, FB, QANTAS, IHG, Hilton, Marriott, AVIS Preferred, MRAeS
Originally Posted by Jamier45
I've never heard of it happening but there is a big warning on the side and marked area with red dashed lines.

Says something like 'Warning Spinning Prop' or something?

Maybe Vibrex can shed more light on it?
It does happen, not often I hasten to add! Normally as a result of a poor maintenance regime. I'm away at the moment and not sure how to post pictures, but due in to HUY tonight and will try and upload some images that may give you an idea.

Last edited by vibrex; Dec 19, 2014 at 5:59 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.