BA 239 LHR-BOS in F but 2J-K on 747?

Old Dec 16, 2014, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP, MUCCI, Proudly BA Blue,.

Hello BA super-experts,

I booked Mrs Rock and I into F on BA 239 into BOS as part of an itinerary this coming summer but when I went to check my booking just now it says "one of your flights was cancelled please go to manage your booking." So I did, and see that for this flight I'm now listed as sitting in 2 J and K and in Club World? I'm no longer able to select seats and the seat map is unavailable on Expert Flyer. Anyone know what's going on by any chance (while I sit on hold with the lowly Blue Line?)

When I go to the BA website and do a dummy booking, I see F available on that flight, but that the equipment has changed from a 777 to a 747. So then I thought oh maybe it's old F but then that still doesn't explain seats 2 J and K...

Thanks in advance for any help!
Old Dec 16, 2014, 3:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold GGL

Google 'BA YouFirst'. You'll find a number to call to reach the team dealing with First class bookings.

Shorter wait guaranteed.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

You First - of course! Thanks Speedbird!
Old Dec 16, 2014, 5:14 pm
Original Poster

Speedbird, You First was the trick. What happened was they made an equipment change to a 3 class 777 and we were bumped down to CW. So they opened up inventory for us on an earlier LHR-BOS flight with F and put us on that one as well as moved our previously connecting flight from DUB all free of charge ^^^
Old Dec 16, 2014, 11:15 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by matinicus rock
You First was the trick. ^^^
Glad that it all worked out for you.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

...But now do I have enough layover at LHR T5??

Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
Glad that it all worked out for you.
Well...I think it did but now I only have an 80 minute layover in LHR T5 between my inbound flight from DUB and my outbound to BOS... Is that enough time given all these posts about T5's long lines through security?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.