new year's day to iad from linate

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2014, 5:59 am
Original Poster

new year's day to iad from linate

Greetings to all, this is my first message

The first day of the year I will fly from Milan to Washington through Heathrow

We are a family of four world traveler, blue card

The 31/12 is the birthday of my daughter, is there a remote possibility of an upgrade on the A380?

What is the time to pass immigration at Dulles with passengers on the new A380, the fact that it is the first year will be a good or bad event? This is the first time in USA

What about world traveller dining ? is better to buy something in heatrow before take off?

tks
Old Dec 1, 2014, 6:06 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by dags1972

The first day of the year I will fly from Milan to Washington through Heathrow

We are a family of four world traveler, blue card

The 31/12 is the birthday of my daughter, is there a remote possibility of an upgrade on the A380?

What is the time to pass immigration at Dulles with passengers on the new A380, the fact that it is the first year will be a good or bad event? This is the first time in USA

What about world traveller dining ? is better to buy something in heatrow before take off?

tks
A very warm welcome to Flyertalk dags1972.

I assume you are talking about a free upgrade? If so, I believe you will be unfortunately out of luck. It isn't usually BA policy to give out free upgrades, unless it's for operational reasons.

I'm sorry I can't help more on the other points.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 6:13 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Welcome to Flyertalk dags1972

Originally Posted by dags1972
And may it be the first of many. Welcome to Flyertalk dags1972, welcome to the BA Board, it is good to see you here. Please make yourself comfortable here and I hope you will find this forum useful and interesting. Welcome on board.

Now I'm notorious around these parts for have never flown WT, so I'm not able to give first hand experience of this. Given your status and size of your family I really doubt anyone will be offered an upgrade, not least because BA have been very successful in filling up the A380. Furthermore there will be several people on board with birthdays, weddings or other special events in their lives. BA isn't known for generosity in this area.

You may be able to purchase an upgrade for a couple of hundred of pounds either in Milan or Heathrow. IAD is in the middle for immigration clearance compared to other airports: better than some, not as good as others. Though it now has automated kiosks which speeds up the process considerably. So I would hope no more than an hour, hopefully a lot less, but no one can know in advance. You can position yourself on the people movers (between aircraft and passports) to get out quickly but with a family I guess that may be more tricky.

You can assume the usual chicken / beef food in WT, and we don't see so many complaints about that here, but if you had a picky eater in your group you may want to get something in Heathrow, there are plenty of options, from sandwiches in Pret a Manger to a carry off superior airline meal bag from Plane Food.

I hope you have a good flight.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 7:25 am
Original Poster

tks for your feedback.

Yes we are a big party, then we take the special meal for the kids, so we cut the Gordian knot

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.