Wiki Posts
Search

EK to BA transfer in DXB separate tickets

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2014, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, VS, EK
EK to BA transfer in DXB separate tickets

I have written this on a similar thread over on the EK board but trying to get ideas from the BA board also.

Arriving on EK in J transferring to BA in J separate tickets and pnr's, got 3:20 to do it.

Spoke to EK they said as separate tickets they can't check my bags through, BA said something similar.

Tried to get some sense out of Marhaba Services for a baggage identification service they offer and according to them it is EK's responsibility to transfer bags despite separate tickets and pnr's. If any transferring sector includes EK flights (in or out) they can't offer the service..... However if we get to transfer desk in DXB and EK haven't transferred the bags then we can pay Marhaba to do it......... Confused?? I sure am.......

Don't really want to clear immigration, customs, change over to T1 and have to check in again.

Anyone had success?
Old Nov 28, 2014, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Boeing Fred
Tried to get some sense out of Marhaba Services for a baggage identification service they offer and according to them it is EK's responsibility to transfer bags despite separate tickets and pnr's.
I'm pretty sure that they're wrong about this. If you have separate tickets, then EK has no obligation to you to transfer the bags to your next flight, which is a separate and unrelated journey that has nothing to do with EK.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 12:47 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite & Lifetime Gold, Heathrow Rewards Premium, Tesco Clubcard
I've found Marhaba Services to contradict most of the information they have online. I know it's probably not much help, but I think you should be fine. From experience, most of these transfer organisations in DXB are generally good when you get there, they just don't seem to know their product if you call/email them. If anything, they usually offer more support if EK is involved given it's the national airline.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 1:09 pm

Programs: BAEC HHonours SPG EK Skywards QFF VS flying club
Marhaba are only interested in reliving you of your money. Don't bother with them. DNATA handle all companies ramp activity in Dubai, not Marhaba in any way shape or form.
As an unaligned carrier expect to land, collect, transfer and re-check baggage. Travel from T3-T1 does not take long at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.