Wiki Posts
Search

JFK lounge

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2014, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
JFK lounge

I think I have understood from the US Airways site that my JFK-PHX-LAS in US First doesn't qualify me for entrance to the lounge.

I guess being a BAEC Silver / OW Sapphire doesn't cut it either ?
Old Nov 28, 2014, 9:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF NB
As a BA Silver you will have lounge access.

Any OW Sapphire member (apart from US/AA frequent flyers who have OW Sapphire) can access domestic lounges in the USA when travelling on AA/US regardless of cabin flown.

JFK T8 has two Admiral's Clubs - one in the main concourse (just up the stairs on the left hand side just after security) and one in the satellite concourse (bear to the left after you have gotten off the escalator from the underground walkway linking the two concourses). I'd personally just go to whichever lounge is closest to your flight's gate - they are both much of a muchness.

Same with PHX - whichever lounge is closest to your gate. All 3 lounges (located near the low A, high A and B gates respectively) are quite dire compared to GC lounges.

Last edited by perthflyer; Nov 28, 2014 at 9:28 am
Old Nov 28, 2014, 10:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Flying domestic first on any US major airline does not qualify you for lounge access.
Status with any US major airline does not qualify you for lounge access.

Saphire and Emerald status with any non-US ariline (BA,CX, QF, JL etc) will get you US/AA lounge access even if you are flying in Econony.

Its a OneWorld benefit, not a US airline benefit.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 11:17 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by KenJohn
Flying domestic first on any US major airline does not qualify you for lounge access.
Status with any US major airline does not qualify you for lounge access.

Saphire and Emerald status with any non-US ariline (BA,CX, QF, JL etc) will get you US/AA lounge access even if you are flying in Econony.

Its a OneWorld benefit, not a US airline benefit.
I am lead to believe that if flying AA on the trancon flights JFK-LAX/SFO then you do get lounge access if flying F or J. The information below also says LAX-MIA but not sure if this is up-to-date.

http://www.aa.com/i18n/utility/trans-con-access.jsp

Although this thread seems to also confirm this.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

Last edited by madfish; Nov 28, 2014 at 11:21 am Reason: Added links
Old Nov 28, 2014, 11:21 am

Programs: BA Gold
For transcontinental I believe that is correct. Although the OP wouldn't meet this requirement.

H
Old Nov 28, 2014, 11:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
OK thanks - I will no doubt need a good breakfast after a Friday night out in Manhattan
Old Nov 28, 2014, 11:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
I wouldn't count on getting a good breakfast in an Admirals club!
Old Nov 28, 2014, 11:48 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
You won't get a "good" anything at a Club. There are fortunately many decent eateries with decent food at JFK.

The exception to the general club rules relate to the high-end TCON's. OP is headed to PHX-LAS, so none of is flights qualify.

None of it a big deal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.