Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consistently late flights out of LCY

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2014, 3:03 am

I am not sure how BACF schedule the trip, but assuming it is a split duty, the 37 min delay will not impact on the extension being gained by the rest period, which will still be more than adequate.
Some flights using RFPs or Repetitive Flight Plans do get subject to repetitive slot restrictions. My hunch would be that the delays are slot related, which can occur with some notice, or sometimes little notice.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 3:31 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Adstring
I've been doing a few early morning trips on the BA4451. Of the last 5 trips I have taken, it's been delayed by an hour or more for 3 of them.

I'm off again tomorrow and guess what....it's already posting an hour delay. How do BA know that the incoming flight will be late already?

Is this worth a short complaint message?...I'm getting fed up of getting out of bed at the crack of dawn only to sit around LCY.
Are these delays in departure or arrival? I've had periods of time where almost every flight left late, but arrived almost on time due to the buffer airlines build into their schedules.

If you've had a run of late arrivals, you could fire off an email to BA and if you get a sympathetic agent they might throw a few Avios your way. It won't change whether your next flight is on time though.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Paralytic
Are these delays in departure or arrival? I've had periods of time where almost every flight left late, but arrived almost on time due to the buffer airlines build into their schedules.

If you've had a run of late arrivals, you could fire off an email to BA and if you get a sympathetic agent they might throw a few Avios your way. It won't change whether your next flight is on time though.
One hour late arriving into RTM this morning. I overheard the passenger in front asking about the delay, but no real detail was provided.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 9:47 am

Programs: BAEC, SAS EBS, Miles&More
Originally Posted by Saltire74
There has a been a few reports recently of early arrivals and departures at LHR, two of my recent flights included. Not to get hopes up or anything

Safe & Happy travels

S
My hopes know their place. Slight delay on Friday resulted in missed bus and train in Stockholm. Leaving LCY used to get me home by midnight. LHR = 2.00 a.m. (and a lower standard of whisky on the trolley).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.