Wiki Posts
Search

Latest I can pay BA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2014, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Executive Club, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
Question Latest I can pay BA

I have some flights and a hotel booked on ba.com.

BA state that the final payment is "due by 24 November 2014".

Being a tight-ar$e with money, I would like an extra months free credit. So my question is:

do I have to make payment online by the end of November 23rd or can I pay online sometime on November 24th?
Old Nov 22, 2014, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Payment by 23:59 24 November.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 10:03 am

I don't think BA will cancel the booking immediately.

When you log into MMB on 25 November you will see a red banner at the top of the page reminding you that the payment has not been received. It will tell you that the booking will be cancelled in 6 days and XX hours and that you should contact BA to make payment.

However, do not rely on this as accurate. Two of my bookings were cancelled within 48 hours of the banner appearing - one within a few hours.

Palmer
Old Nov 22, 2014, 10:11 am

With deposit interest rates so low at the moment its hardly worth taking the risk is it? Unless you're running a high credit card balance or borrowing from Wonga to fund the trip
Old Nov 22, 2014, 10:53 am

Location: Manchester but from Yorkshire better known as Gods country
Programs: BA Gold, , Sandals plat
I have two bookings for one trip split by BA due to the number of passengers and last week I paid £6.5k on each leaving approx £7.3k on each booking. I couldn't do the part payment on line due to a BA systems fault. However both payments were taken from my credit card and now when I log on it shows the total cost of the holiday as the original deposit with a nil balance outstanding on each booking and obviously there is now no date for the payment due. I will be ringing tomorrow on the due date, but I must admit with all the hassle I have had with these bookings part of me wants to see if they would pick up on it
Old Nov 22, 2014, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Executive Club, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
Originally Posted by SteveF
Unless you're running a high credit card balance or borrowing from Wonga to fund the trip
ooooops, caught me out

My credit card month runs 24th-23rd of each month. Interest rates are low but not 0%, so the dough is better in my account rather than in BAs! for that month.

Every little helps!

Thanks for the replies.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 6:59 pm

Programs: BAEC
You will have your interest, in this life or the next...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.