Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

V upset 1 of 2 of us downgraded from First on Wedd Ann Trip

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

V upset 1 of 2 of us downgraded from First on Wedd Ann Trip

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2014, 11:50 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by nalismom
Can airline staff also check us in the evening before the actual flight which will be within that 24 hour period for both segments. We will be staying at Terminal hotel night before early 1st segment on AA to EWR which connects to BA flight later that day.
For the AA sectors yes, or use the self check-in kiosks. But I would guess that would make it less likely that the BA sectors will work. It would risk being too early. I would ensure both BA and AA MMB are looking good, your API fully correct and just for once it may OLCI for you.

Is there a specific reason why you think you will be downgraded? [Staff travel?] You have a far bigger risk of simply misconnecting.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA, onePass
Thanks C-W-S....I am not entirely worried at this point but I do like to be informed should need arise.........I'm sure you can tell by now that I'm a little OCD when it comes to travel😉 The BA Flyertalk Forum has been very educational and informative. Folks on this forum are particularly helpful.

For the flight in question the AA OLCI window opens at 6:50 am day before and the BA seg OLCI window opens at 6:25 PM the same day as the AA window.

Since we are staying at the airport the night before we could easily go to the AA ticket counter to check us in all the way after the 6:25 pm window opens ....... I just am not sure if the TA can do this since the flight(s) are technically the next morning even though they are within the 24 hour checkin window.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 12:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards
Just received an email survey "how did we do?"

So I told it straight...
Old Nov 25, 2014, 1:39 am

Programs: BAEC HHonours SPG EK Skywards QFF VS flying club
standing by to hear the boilerplate response...if any response at all.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 9:18 am
Original Poster

BA have emailed an apology and are arranging for a bottle of Krug to be delivered.
Any thoughts please?
Old Nov 25, 2014, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by WelshGirl
BA have emailed an apology and are arranging for a bottle of Krug to be delivered.
Any thoughts please?
Personally, if it was a nicely written email, which from the speed of response I'm guessing a real person wrote it, that sounds like a lovely gesture and I'd accept it with thanks.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 9:36 am

How do you feel about it?

Would a nice evening sharing the bottle give you enough pleasure to offset the few hours of distress you faced? If so, then great. If not, then what more would you like?

I'm with Dave_C - I'd be inclined to accept the gesture and call it a day.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 9:48 am

Alternatively, you could ask for a palm tree instead.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 10:08 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Dave_C
Alternatively, you could ask for a palm tree instead.
Arf!
Old Nov 28, 2014, 2:24 pm

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
Sounds like BA are trying. An expensive bottle of fizz........ How do you feel about this?
Old Dec 21, 2014, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

The eventual outcome was the fizz and 10 000 avios

Thank you all for your input and sharing your views. It helped a lot
Old Dec 21, 2014, 1:49 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by WelshGirl
I am not sure why the original change was reversed, perhaps... my husband asking if BA was racist against Welsh people ...
Oh my.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.