T5 "Magic Door" now open to all?

Old Nov 19, 2014, 4:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (Emerald); Hilton Gold; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold; Radisson Gold
T5 "Magic Door" now open to all?

Yesterday afternoon a Twitter account purporting to be that of Robert Boyle, IAG Director of Strategy, posted this [click it to see the original post]:

I was surprised not see such a turn-up for the books to have made it to these hallowed pages... has anyone without a First boarding pass or CCR Card been able to turn right into the lounges complex Can anyone prove this or otherwise?

Last edited by paulieuk; Nov 19, 2014 at 4:52 am
Old Nov 19, 2014, 4:45 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Absolute rubbish, the idea that BA would allow all GC and GF passengers ( quite a lot of passengers!) to walk through the CCR is laughable. I will believe it when I see it, and frankly if it does happen I would be complaining as I am sure will all other CCR regulars.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 4:47 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
that will be nice for CCR users to have everyone else traipse through!

however if it is happening it will be good!
Old Nov 19, 2014, 4:47 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

I don't think that will go down very well with CCR Cardholders if it is true which I would doubt.

If it says 'open for all' that includes GC passengers? The queues would be huge!

In the meantime I will open the Popcorn

Calling corporate-wage-slave
Old Nov 19, 2014, 4:48 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List, Concorde Room Card, Hilton Diamond
Yes I can't possibly imagine how this would work. They would have to somehow rope off the CCR from this new 'corridor'. And then the CCR loos, cabanas, special services desk, and bag drop, would be the wrong side of the rope.

Oh, and Heathrow Airport Limited would hate the loss of shopping revenue.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 4:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (Emerald); Hilton Gold; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold; Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by PETER01
In the meantime I will open the Popcorn

So "proud"(?) to have started a popcorn-munching thread of my own after all this time!
Old Nov 19, 2014, 4:56 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
his account is followed by British Airways - and there was me looking forward to my CCR card in March - I may shred it in disgust now! riffraff
Old Nov 19, 2014, 4:57 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

It will never work, the queue would impact people leaving the South Security.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 4:58 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by crazyarmadillo
his account is followed by British Airways - and there was me looking forward to my CCR card in March - I may shred it in disgust now! riffraff
I wonder if his account has been hacked?
Old Nov 19, 2014, 5:01 am

Programs: BA BLUE BADGE
I would not like to have to walk through the concorde room to get to a decent lounge.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 5:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
Originally Posted by crazyarmadillo
his account is followed by British Airways
Mine is followed by BA too. They follow thousands of people in order to communicate via PM.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 5:04 am

Programs: QFF
hmm... When I checked in with BA for LHR-PEK 10 days ago, the agent (BA F T5 check in area) did ask if I knew how to get to the lounge and said to turn right after security.

I looked in that direction after clearing the checkpoint, but still went for the walk through the shops.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 5:06 am

Programs: BAEC
So that's either an account hack or he is rather early for April Fools.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 5:07 am

Programs: BA Gold
I would be a little sad if this were true. One of my favourite events at T5, which I've brought up before in a DYKWIA thread, was waiting patiently behind a GCH desperately trying it on with the lounge guardian to be let through (I knew he was a GCH because he was telling her he was one, how he flies a lot and how important he is), she gave a very polite but firm no, and turned to me before welcoming me through.

The look on his face, coupled with the "How on earth is HE allowed in!", as the tired, unshaven, in desperate need of a haircut, jeans, t-shirt and tatty trainers me, resembling a circa 2003 Dave Grohl, walked in will stay with me forever
Old Nov 19, 2014, 5:09 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
The Door Angel turned away a GC holder yesterday as I was entering the CCR. Remonstrating the chap said "I only want to go to the Gold Lounge which is just there instead of having to walk all the way round". He was told, apologetically, that the entrance was for the CCR only.

Both Angel and GC Holder behaved appropriately and not even a hint of DYKWIA from the GC.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.