Examples of Gold treatment in Y?

Old Nov 23, 2014, 2:06 pm

Programs: BA EC Gold
Examples of Gold treatment in Y?

Lovely greeting from the CM in WT+ for Mrs DCA and I, LGW > MCO on Friday. I sometimes feel slightly uncomfortable with these greetings (happens about 50% of long haul flights ime), but was genuine and warmly delivered on this occasion. Champagne was offered and accepted. When it came to the meal service we were specifically approached first to make sure we got our preferred choice (an excellent curry as it turned out), despite being in row 3 of a full WT+ cabin. Had a personal farewell at the plane door 'nice to see you Mr DCA' from the CM on exiting. Great service that made an otherwise unremarkable flight in 'old' WT+ feel a little special.

Last edited by dca100; Nov 24, 2014 at 5:46 am
Old Nov 23, 2014, 2:25 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dca100
Lovely greeting from the CSM in WT+ for Mrs DCA and I, LHR > MCO on Friday. I sometimes feel slightly uncomfortable with these greetings (happens about 50% of long haul flights ime), but was genuine and warmly delivered on this occasion. Champagne was offered and accepted. When it came to the meal service we were specifically approached first to make sure we got our preferred choice (an excellent curry as it turned out), despite being in row 3 of a full WT+ cabin. Had a personal farewell at the plane door 'nice to see you Mr DCA' from the CSM on exiting. Great service that made an otherwise unremarkable flight in 'old' WT+ feel a little special.
So a perfectly delivered acknowledgement of your status, subtly and professionally done. ^
Old Nov 23, 2014, 3:02 pm

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Arienne du Rseau Courte Dure de British Airways
Originally Posted by dca100
Lovely greeting from the CSM in WT+ for Mrs DCA and I, LHR > MCO on Friday. I sometimes feel slightly uncomfortable with these greetings (happens about 50% of long haul flights ime), but was genuine and warmly delivered on this occasion. Champagne was offered and accepted. When it came to the meal service we were specifically approached first to make sure we got our preferred choice (an excellent curry as it turned out), despite being in row 3 of a full WT+ cabin. Had a personal farewell at the plane door 'nice to see you Mr DCA' from the CSM on exiting. Great service that made an otherwise unremarkable flight in 'old' WT+ feel a little special.
I was not aware we had flights from LHR to MCO.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 3:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I have only had the good luck to be in WT twice since receiving my Gold Card. I recall a friendly at-seat welcome by the CSD ex-LHR and the offer of a newspaper from CW. The return leg, ex-DXB, yielded a bag of pretzels from (apparently) WT+.

In ET I have on several occasions had additional drinks bought to me unbidden by some lovely young boy or the other.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 6:13 pm

Programs: BA EC Gold
Good spot by Littlegirl. We departed from LGW, not LHR of course. As a side note there was JW Blue in the F Lounge.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
And CM, Cabin Manager, not CSM.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 12:49 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
Well hopefully this won't happen in the future with the advance meal option system, all customers will get an email 7 days before travel advising them that they can choose the main course up to 24 hours before departure.
But only when travelling to LAS, PHX, GIG, DFW, SEA (for now) and I think it's only available on the outbound flight.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
In the future they will be available on all routes.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 8:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, CX Gold (OW Sapphire), Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
Interestingly enough two different experiences as a fairly newly minted BA Gold on the way to/from BKK, but travelling on Avios in Y (it was all that was available ... and maybe I regret it after 13hrs down the back on the way home).

Outbound - SCCM came back and greeted me just after take off, which my better half thought was rather good form. He asked if there was anything he could do - I asked for a reset of the screen. Twice. That still didn't solve it, but at least he tried. He disappeared not long into the flight, and wasn't seen again.

Inbound - SCCM was almost invisible. She never came back to offer a hello, and when I specifically asked the crew members for her (twice), she never appeared. I was extremely close to going forward to the CW Galley to see if I could find her. One of the most shoddy services from any BA crew - they seemed to want to be on the flight less than those of us stuck in Y for 13hrs.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 3:53 pm
amt

Programs: BA GGL & CCR
It seems as of 2015 the greeting for BA gold and OWE on cathay pacific has been enhanced to also include small handwritten cards in Y and J (was previously only in F)

Very nice touch Cathay, I feel warm, fuzzy and appreciated

Old Jan 6, 2015, 3:58 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by amt
It seems as of 2015 the greeting for BA gold and OWE on cathay pacific has been enhanced to also include small handwritten cards in Y and J (was previously only in F)

Wow, that's nice...and it doesn't cost anything. These are the sort of gestures I like.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 3:59 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata
Originally Posted by amt

Such a brilliant example of customer service and retaining loyalty- all for the measly cost of 0.02. Can BA take note of this- or indeed anything, to enhance the experience of frequent flyers to make the experience more abnormal and personal to those of us that have to deal with the (in most cases) requirement of travel?
Old Jan 6, 2015, 4:05 pm
amt

Programs: BA GGL & CCR
Originally Posted by headingwest
Wow, that's nice...and it doesn't cost anything. These are the sort of gestures I like.
And subtle... Placed on the table with a smile and a nod

Which I like most, I dislike being bigged up or given excess attention while seated next to someone being ignored.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by amt
Which I like most, I dislike being bigged up or given excess attention while seated next to someone being ignored.
Me too! and as BA0197 wrote, it costs next to nothing.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 4:15 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Not even gold but on a recent SFO-JFK flight coming in delayed I had 'Mr SC would you like to come and sit up front (1A) as I see you have a tight connection'. Needn't have bothered as the jet bridge was jammed and took forever to open the doors. However judging by the comments from further back there were many others who had tight connections, so it looked like I won the p***ing match to ride shotgun. I thougt it was a lovely gesture and had a good bit of banter with the cabin and flight crew whilst waiting for the doors to open.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.