Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

T3 international -> T5 domestic connection question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

T3 international -> T5 domestic connection question

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2014, 9:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF NB
This diagram is a great resource for those arriving/transiting T5 who may be unaware of the layout/where to go KARFA! ^

Originally Posted by KARFA
Do you think anyone would notice if I stood in FCC with a laser rangefinder on a tripod?
I couldn't think of anything more inconspicuous
Old Nov 17, 2014, 11:31 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Right, I have done it in publisher. I still need to adjust a few things, and I may add a few notes in the top left hand corner. Any obvious mistakes or changes that need to be made? I am not sure if it is a bit too cluttered now and therefore less clear.

Old Nov 17, 2014, 11:37 am

Programs: BA Silver
Do you think anyone would notice if I stood in FCC with a laser rangefinder on a tripod?
Just make sure you've got a hard-hat and fluorescent yellow jacket on and you'll be fine
Old Nov 17, 2014, 2:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Wow thanks for this KARFA it's really useful! Got my first T5 connection coming up as part of an EX-EU CPH-LHR-BOS in F and looking for the easiest way to the CCR. Would you recommend exiting and going back through departures if the queues look lengthy at flight connections? I presume it doesn't affect conformance if I exit the border? Don't want to be offloaded because I've not been scanned through flight connections or anything.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 2:18 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Gomac
Would you recommend exiting and going back through departures if the queues look lengthy at flight connections? I presume it doesn't affect conformance if I exit the border? Don't want to be offloaded because I've not been scanned through flight connections or anything.
Yes I would suggest going out via the UK border if you have an EEA biometric passport and the queues at Flight Connections look bad. Midweek from early afternoon onwards it shouldn't be too bad however. Going landside does affect conformance - you need to get to the entrance of South Security (there would be little point going to North Security) by 35 minutes before departure, so if you have less than about 50 minutes before your flight you best go via Flight Connections.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 2:27 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Right, I have done it in publisher.
You are very talented, KARFA. So green CS means Customer Service. The one thing that all good FTers will be using, if coming off T5B or T5C, is the lifts, rather than the escalators, this is located in the top left corner of the grey box below the e-passport gates (so actually not so well located for Flight Connections, but well located for the UK Border).

Also I'd probably put the INT-INT main boarding pass check upwards in line with the FT boarding pass check and along that whole block, which is physically the case, since it also shows there can be queues both sides of that check. That would be rare on Fast Track.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 2:37 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Yes!
That is awesome, KARFA!! Great work. ^
Old Nov 17, 2014, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
So green CS means Customer Service. The one thing that all good FTers will be using, if coming off T5B or T5C, is the lifts, rather than the escalators, this is located in the top left corner of the grey box below the e-passport gates (so actually not so well located for Flight Connections, but well located for the UK Border).

Also I'd probably put the INT-INT main boarding pass check upwards in line with the FT boarding pass check and along that whole block, which is physically the case, since it also shows there can be queues both sides of that check. That would be rare on Fast Track.
Thanks. Yes the green CS is customer services. I couldn't find an icon I liked for it but may have another search. I will add the lifts from T5B/C and amend the INT-INT bit as well in the next day or so.

Originally Posted by AJLondon
That is awesome, KARFA!! Great work. ^
No problem, but for god's sake don't ask anymore questions! I think I will have to do some real work instead tomorrow rather than doing connection guides
Old Nov 17, 2014, 3:04 pm

Yes, that's correct. For T5 INT to T3 INT you just head to the buses for T3 and there is no check of your bp until you get to security at T3.
Are you sure that you need to show boarding pass at the T3 transfer security. I remember that once my T5-ARN-HEL was cancelled because of a snow storm. I was rerouted to a direct AY T3-HEL flight and was told to pick up a new boarding pass at the AY transfer desk. I was even allowed to visit the the lounge with the T5 boarding pass because the AY desk was not open at the time I came through security. I have done this connection also at other times and have no memory of showing the boarding pass at the security. Of course you have to show do that if you land-side.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by nordic
Are you sure that you need to show boarding pass at the T3 transfer security.
Yes, you do now so that your entry is set up in Positive Boarding, but if you don't have a boarding pass that's fine, they will let you continue.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 9:28 am

I have had a go at version 4 now and incorporated the changes noted by cws as well as a few other minor amendments. Hopefully we are there now or very close.

Last edited by KARFA; Nov 18, 2014 at 9:33 am
Old Nov 18, 2014, 9:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Thanks for the work KARFA ^ Maybe we can incorporate it into a sticky?

What's the difference between Fast Track and Express Connections?
Old Nov 18, 2014, 9:49 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by Gomac
What's the difference between Fast Track and Express Connections?
Fast Track was for status/premium cabin passengers, which is now closed for INT-DOM.
Express Connections is for those on short connections.

See: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...hancement.html
Old Nov 18, 2014, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by nux
Fast Track was for status/premium cabin passengers, which is now closed for INT-DOM.
Express Connections is for those on short connections.

See: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...hancement.html
Yes. I have noted it is closed on the diagram but I have left it in since the lane itself is still there but now has a barrier across the entrance. Here is hoping one day it gets reopened.

Thanks Gomac. Once this is finalised I might add some notes and get it up in to a T5A connections thread a bit like the ones cws has done for T5B & T5C connections.

EDIT: just to add that express connections is accessed by getting hold of an orange voucher which is handed out by the purple oneworld agents which you will see wandering around. You can see what they look like in this post.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 10:58 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Thanks KARFA - very good of you to do this !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.