Old Jan 27, 2017, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: GSTBK

We advise that you check your flight's seating plan regularly, as equipment changes mean changes in seating configurations are common.

Current Gatwick Airbus Fleet (correct as of 23/01/17):

Seat Configurations:

CY143 seatmap not included. Please see notes below.
G-GAT* (CY177) aircraft have no bulkhead in row 1. No 1D/E/F.

CY168 configurations have variable row numbering -

G-MEDK (CY168) has no row 13, rows numbered 1-29. 01F & 29F have no window.
G-MIDT (CY168) has no row 13, rows numbered 1-29.
Any G-E*** CY168 a/c temporarily based at LGW are configured as shown below.

Guide compiled by GSTBK
Print Wikipost

Gatwick Airbus Fleet

Old Oct 8, 2016, 4:39 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by nivsy
This aircraft flew the Thessaloniki flight from Gatwick this morning. Alarm bells started with observation no divider in cabin.
No divider? Was it in for laundry I wonder.....? Poor show for a 3-4h flight.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 1:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
CSD was asked why no divider? Did not have a clue..doubt it the wash as BA like to have to dirty aircraft anyhow judging by FT reports! Yeah think solution really is BOB and put up with it down the back or like what many are doing so fly with another carrier. CE generally is just the pits...and really they just don't care.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 5:45 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by nivsy
CSD was asked why no divider? Did not have a clue.
If it was GATU I would also be surprised. If this happened a few days after entering service then I guess it may have been overlooked, but it's now been flying 2 months. I suspect there was a fault on the mini curtains over the seats, the surrounds sometimes get stuck in the runners, and so they temporarily take it off pending a swap of a replacement. There are a few A320s which don't have a curtain, there isn't a top rail available for it, and there are some cabin configurations where the curtain can't be used, but these would be very much the exceptions on the whole. I would say 99% of my flights have a curtain divider for CE, at least over the seats, and more than 95% have the aisle curtain.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 12:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Flew GATU on Friday from MLA. No centre curtain but the over seat ones were present. CSM did not know why it was missing, but said that they would report it. As an aside, the crew were all fantastic.

Sat in 1C was terrible with a constant queue for the front toilet overlooking me eat dinner. How very premium. Also, 1A and 1C do not get the table in 1B as the armrests are too far apart for it to fit.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 12:34 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by HarryHolden68
Sat in 1C was terrible with a constant queue for the front toilet overlooking me eat dinner. How very premium. Also, 1A and 1C do not get the table in 1B as the armrests are too far apart for it to fit.
On the G-GAT fleet it's row 2D and 2F you need, If there isn't a 1D and 1F on the seat plan you best grab those seats since they have a bulkhead and some of the best knee room in shorthaul.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 12:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Wise words. Unfortunately, by the time I noticed the seat plan had changed to a G-GAT, the first 6 rows were occupied.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 1:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
2d is not that great if they allow everyone to use forward toilet like what I said to SKG...bumped numerous times although as stated earlier row 1 was worse! awful club config...
Old Oct 23, 2016, 12:24 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Deep joy, I didn't keep my eye on the seat plan for my MLA-LGW in January and it seems that the aircraft has changed to a G-GAT. Last time I checked it was the normal A320 plan, with nobody in seats 1C, 1D or 1F, but now I'm left with no option but to stick with this wonderful 1A or move to row 3 (I don't fancy 2C).

Do these aircraft have the same pitiful legroom as the rest of the A320s?
Attached Images  
Old Oct 23, 2016, 12:29 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Thameslink Delay Repay
Originally Posted by headingwest
Do these aircraft have the same pitiful legroom as the rest of the A320s?
Yup - if not worse.

I'd suggest 1C, it's my seat of choice on Easyjet, because the curvature of the plane at 1A boxes you in quite a bit (not to mention the bits protruding from the door). Just close your eyes and visualise a bulkhead
Old Oct 23, 2016, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club
In the G-GAT the leg room is the same as all the BA A320 Aircraft. Extra row at the back was made possible by removing rear wardrobes. At the front 1A to 1C are where in other aircraft I believe there is another wardrobe or bulkhead. For tall people like me I find those front seats just fine. Flown on these aircraft plenty of times with no complaint.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 1:27 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
OK, thanks to both of you ^

I'm probably going to go with 3F, as 1A and 1C are just too open and I don't like exposing myself.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Yea right!
Old Oct 23, 2016, 5:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
2F is definitely the best seat on the Gatters 10 series..
Old Jan 12, 2017, 6:40 pm

Pondering a POUG offer (99) for a forthcoming LGW-RAK, which appears to be operated by one of these 177 (!) seat A320s. I currently have 13 D/E in the exit row... would it be unwise to upgrade, from a comfort perspective?
Old Jan 12, 2017, 10:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jamespvg
Pondering a POUG offer (99) for a forthcoming LGW-RAK, which appears to be operated by one of these 177 (!) seat A320s. I currently have 13 D/E in the exit row... would it be unwise to upgrade, from a comfort perspective?
You can buy a lot for 99, unless you need the miles/tier points.

I would stick with the exit row personally.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.