Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 27, 2017, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: GSTBK

We advise that you check your flight's seating plan regularly, as equipment changes mean changes in seating configurations are common.

Current Gatwick Airbus Fleet (correct as of 23/01/17):

Seat Configurations:

CY143 seatmap not included. Please see notes below.
G-GAT* (CY177) aircraft have no bulkhead in row 1. No 1D/E/F.

CY168 configurations have variable row numbering -

G-MEDK (CY168) has no row 13, rows numbered 1-29. 01F & 29F have no window.
G-MIDT (CY168) has no row 13, rows numbered 1-29.
Any G-E*** CY168 a/c temporarily based at LGW are configured as shown below.

Guide compiled by GSTBK
Print Wikipost

Gatwick Airbus Fleet

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2016, 6:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club
Just to say posted my reply before seeing those from Little Girl and Sanderson.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 6:53 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by Littlegirl
It's two rows of three seats on the ABC side which brings the total number up to 177 seats. A wardrobe at the rear lefthand side is being removed. Nine of the G-GAT- aircraft are being altered like this from 171 to 177. The legroom will remain the same.
Thanks from me too for the clarification. I expect the two back rows won’t be too popular with passengers as it unlikely these rows will have windows. I am curious how the last row will fit, noting BA also fits seats in the A319 as far back as the rear door but with a set of twin seats at the very last row. The fuselage really does taper in a fair amount at that section of the aircraft.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 6:59 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by vectismanpaul
Even with 174 seats these A320 will have 12 less seats than Easyjet's new configuration and 6 less than Lufthansa's new layout on their A320Neos. I do accept however that Lufthansa have a different seat pitch on the front few rows of their Anew A320Neos. I actually think having different legroom in an aircraft used for European/Domestic routes does interfere with flexibility of use.(in purely economic terms).
Thanks for pointing out Lufthansa's A320Neo config. I've just looked at the NEO seat map on the Lufthansa website - I suppose it answers my earlier question about how three seats can be squeezed into the last row. Yikes! My goodness though - EU cabin densities really are getting out of hand
Old Feb 28, 2016, 7:06 am

I am beginning to wonder if the seat increase will happen. Some of the G-GAT* series aircraft have been in service for 18 months or so and a couple have undergone C checks with no changes being made. Always happy to be corrected.
G–GATM had already been reconfigured to 177. It is currently at LHR having it’s no-fly period during certification.

G–GATK will follow on 17th March and all 9 are planned to be complete by 20th April.

G–GATU will be delivered with 177 seats.

Seatplan:

Last edited by TCX69; Feb 28, 2016 at 7:14 am
Old Feb 28, 2016, 7:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by TCX69
G–GATM had already been reconfigured to 177. It is currently at LHR having it’s no-fly period during certification.

G–GATK will follow on 17th March and all 9 are planned to be complete by 20th April.

Thanks for the update, BTW what is the no-fly period about? (apart from the obvious)
Old Feb 28, 2016, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by TCX69

Thanks.

Can you remind me what the aircraft code is for the 171M A320 and is there a new code for the 177M type?
Old Feb 28, 2016, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club
Many thanks TCX69 for your information. Fantastic input as always.

V.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 9:17 am

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Originally Posted by Prospero
Thanks from me too for the clarification. I expect the two back rows won’t be too popular with passengers as it unlikely these rows will have windows. I am curious how the last row will fit, noting BA also fits seats in the A319 as far back as the rear door but with a set of twin seats at the very last row. The fuselage really does taper in a fair amount at that section of the aircraft.
I believe the refit includes a window being fitted too.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 6:57 am

Programs: BA Silver
When does GATM enter service.?

Ive got a flight to Seville this week and its showing 30 rows with an aircraft code of I0D.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 9:20 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Virgin Silver, Emirates Silver, AF gold
Hi all. Apologies if this is in the wrong place.

Mrs D* and I are on BA2798 to SVQ on Thursday and the website tells me that our seats have changed to 2A and 2C (which I'm sure I had selected anyway). Any ideas what has changed and why?

Also, can I easily tell which aircraft we will be on? Flight Radar only goes as far as today's flight (G-GATJ).

Cheers
Doug*
Old Mar 1, 2016, 9:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
If they're inserting a new row, it stands to reason that they're moving up the D/E/F rows and the luxury of 2 D/E/F will disappear….? Or is the rear wardrobe on that side at the back or on both sides?
Old Mar 1, 2016, 11:43 am

Programs: Virgin Silver, BA Exec, Oman Gold, Starwood, MAS, Emirates, Hilton
Originally Posted by Dougstar
Hi all. Apologies if this is in the wrong place.

Mrs D* and I are on BA2798 to SVQ on Thursday and the website tells me that our seats have changed to 2A and 2C (which I'm sure I had selected anyway). Any ideas what has changed and why?

Also, can I easily tell which aircraft we will be on? Flight Radar only goes as far as today's flight (G-GATJ).

Cheers
Doug*
I flew back from SVQ yesterday on G-EUYA, there was a fair amount of seat iswapping in CE, at the gate, due to equipment change. It could be you're also scheduled on this aircraft which I understand moved to LGW last week.

As an aside we were told that a new lounge is opening in SVQ in about a month, although I couldn't see any evidence of work in progress on it so I wouldn't hold my breath.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 1:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Virgin Silver, Emirates Silver, AF gold
Thanks, Davidob. Appreciate the reply.

Looks like you were late in yesterday!

Cheers
Doug*
Old Mar 1, 2016, 1:29 pm

It is planned to be G–GATK on Thursday.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 2:09 pm

Programs: LH FTL, BA Silver, Thameslink Delay Repay
Originally Posted by Davidob
I flew back from SVQ yesterday on G-EUYA, there was a fair amount of seat iswapping in CE, at the gate, due to equipment change. It could be you're also scheduled on this aircraft which I understand moved to LGW last week.

As an aside we were told that a new lounge is opening in SVQ in about a month, although I couldn't see any evidence of work in progress on it so I wouldn't hold my breath.
Oh, I missed you by a day then! There was another FTer (of the JER brigade) on Sunday's flight too, seems to be quite a popular route for us lot. We had an ex-BMI 319 swapped for a G-GAT 320 at the last minute, with all the fun that entailed.

Agree on the lounge in Sevilla, but I don't care that much about lounge access - what did annoy me was that all the food outlets served the same disgusting assortment of shrink-wrapped petrol station food

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.