Search

Endless hyperbole at BA.com

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2014, 4:04 am

Originally Posted by csutter
I know which of these communication styles I prefer
+1,000,000
Old Oct 25, 2014, 5:18 am

Programs: BA Silver; VS Gold; HHonors Diamond; Amex Centurion; IHG Platinum; Club Accor Platinum; TfL Oyster.
For hyperbole, their adverts must be award winners.

Unless, of course, it's a $2,000 bottle. Even then, I'd question the word "each".
Old Oct 25, 2014, 10:10 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Fly Baby
I really wish BA would employ different web copywriters. From Mr Hillier's latest email today....(to bring to my attention the current sale and highlighting the opportunity to "enjoy affordable luxury...")

"With the finest food and drink in the air, state-of-the-art entertainment and world-class service onboard, everything we do is designed to enhance your sense of wellbeing while flying. After all, why just fly, when you can fly well?"

Honestly?

And how is "world-class service" or "finest food and drink in the air" even substantiated?

It feels like they live in a different world over at Waterside....and I think its a large part of the reason why many people come to FT and say they feel underwhelmed or disappointed by their flights.

I doubt BA care - maybe others don't either - but I just had to vent at yet another work of fiction...
I am sure the trade description act applies here or false advertising lol or failing that the deluded folk at Waterside have been brainwashed by the little Irish lepricorn into believing the impossible dream
Old Oct 25, 2014, 10:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Magnus77
I am sure the trade description act applies here or false advertising lol or failing that the deluded folk at Waterside have been brainwashed by the little Irish lepricorn into believing the impossible dream
Unfortunately the Trades Descriptions Act only covers objective factual claims not subjective ones. If it did, every advertising/marketiing agency would be out of business.

(Trust me it's not free fitting it's factored for in the price )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.