Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

What computer games do you play on BA flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2014, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

When I was travelling DOH-BAH-LHR I used to crack out the Settlers II from time to time with a DOS emulator on my Mac. And on a more recent LHR-JNB service I played some Sim City 2000.

I can imagine part of a Civilization or Colonization game taking up a good portion of a TATL service and although I am a fan of these games I have not played them on a flight yet!

I don't like to play on Mail, Excel, PowerPoint or Word during a flight.

What computer games do you play on your BA flights?
Old Oct 24, 2014, 11:32 am
Suspended

No games. I watch movie, TV series (true detective was very good btw), sleep, eat, drink, walk to the galley to get a drink, and people watching if bored to tears. I always thought if I can't find anything to do I will count how many seats occupied or unoccupied. Thank goodness that has not happened yet.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 11:39 am

Two games of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire ,then the novelty wears off and I return to my iPad and eventually 'take the knock'- fall asleep.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 11:39 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard

Would need to check on iPad what it's actually called but think its airline tycoon. Quite good for a while.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 11:53 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Originally Posted by chris1979
Would need to check on iPad what it's actually called but think its airline tycoon. Quite good for a while.
In that game, is there an option to reduce seating pitch on your aircraft to maximise revenue?
Old Oct 24, 2014, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
When I was travelling DOH-BAH-LHR I used to crack out the Settlers II from time to time with a DOS emulator on my Mac. And on a more recent LHR-JNB service I played some Sim City 2000.

I can imagine part of a Civilization or Colonization game taking up a good portion of a TATL service and although I am a fan of these games I have not played them on a flight yet!

I don't like to play on Mail, Excel, PowerPoint or Word during a flight.

What computer games do you play on your BA flights?
Not on BA, but I was on a UA HNL-LAX flight that had plugs in Y, and stayed up the entire night playing Civ. Helped me sleep through the entire LAX-BOS segment.

Also not on BA, was on a US flight playing ATC-SIM--basically a game where you simulate being the tower and approach controllers, landing and taking planes off. Think the FA was a little concerned at first; she asked me what I was doing and if it was realtime.

Have an upcoming BOS-LHR-DOH and back trip in Y; doesn't look like my flights will have plugs in Y so afraid there's not going to be much gaming going on.

Re: SimCity 2000--are you one of those people who likes to burn the city to the ground while tornadoes and earthquakes strike?
Old Oct 24, 2014, 12:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold, M&M SEN, EK Gold
Relive my childhood

I have played Civ and Sim City, but also many of the Football Manager variants over the years.

iPad Monopoly is quite good for short haul flights too.

But recently I have discovered an iPad port of the old space trading game Elite. So I am trying to make up for the fact I was rubbish at it 25 years ago. Up to 'Competent' but only about 10% of the way to 'Elite'. I need some more longhaul trip!

Safe gaming,

Manx Flyer
Old Oct 24, 2014, 12:11 pm

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
I had a colleague that used to do twice monthly US flights and loaded up Football Manager on his laptop. Never sure whether I was impressed, but it would have been an effective way of eating up the hours. I never quite had the patience to get Barnet to the Premier League
Old Oct 24, 2014, 12:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Laptop with episodes of "Air Crash Investigation" for me, got bored with "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" after winning the million 6 times in a row coming back from NRT one time.

ACI should be a standard offering on all IFE.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 12:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Sam Bee
I had a colleague that used to do twice monthly US flights and loaded up Football Manager on his laptop. Never sure whether I was impressed, but it would have been an effective way of eating up the hours. I never quite had the patience to get Barnet to the Premier League
Be impossible if it was my team (Carlisle United).
Old Oct 24, 2014, 12:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, AF Gold, some hotels...
Originally Posted by Manx Flyer
I have played Civ
Never heard of that one. Is that where you try to guess the other pax' exec club status?
Old Oct 24, 2014, 12:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold, M&M SEN, EK Gold
Originally Posted by Gold77
Never heard of that one. Is that where you try to guess the other pax' exec club status?
Sorry. Civilisation (I,II or III) by Sid Meier

Cheers

Manx Flyer
Old Oct 24, 2014, 1:07 pm

Programs: Mucci Petit Four de Pucci, RedVee's Navigator Badge, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
I have to send a nil return here.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 1:11 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by chris1979
The online version is very good, although obviously not playable on a flight. I have a very successful strategy and usually finish top 10. If only I owned a real airline....
Old Oct 24, 2014, 1:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I'd rather guess then count the remaining hairs on the balding passengers head sitting in front of me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.