bonus avios promotion 2014

Old Oct 24, 2014, 3:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Executive Club

Hello Team

So I just got off the phone with the Executive Club regarding a booking I made.
BA are currently running a promotion for 30,000 bonus avios points and 15,000 bonus for bookings made in (FJ) and W+.

So I have a booking with mixed cabins F out W+ back. And agent says unfortunately that booking will not be eligible for any bonus points as I need to two sectors in J or 2 sectors in W+.

The logic is beyond me....your thoughts?
Old Oct 24, 2014, 3:56 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
So I am guessing this is the European avios promotions as detailed here

http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/...an-bonus-avios

I presume your are based in one of the eligible coutries. I think the following are the revelant sections:

4. A Qualifying Flight is a single sector flight (i) with a BA prefix on a BA long-haul operated service (ii) with a BA, AA, IB or AY prefix on transatlantic flights operated by American Airlines, British Airways, Iberia, Finnair or US Airways between the EU, Norway, Switzerland and North America, Mexico and Puerto Rico (iii) OpenSkies services from Paris Orly to Newark or New York JFK; in the following cabins and booking classes: British Airways First (F, A), Club World (J, C, D, R, I), World Traveller Plus (W, E, T); OpenSkies Biz Bed (J, C, D, R, I), Prem Plus (W, E, T); American Airlines First class (F, A, P), Business class (J, D, R, I); Iberia Business Plus (J, C, D, R, I), Finnair Business class (J,C,D,I)

5. A sector is a single eligible flight between the point of departure and final destination with no scheduled change of aircraft. A direct return flight counts as 2 sectors (ie: Paris – New York – Paris). If you connect to an onward flight, this will count as 4 sectors (ie: Paris – London – New York – London – Paris). Bonus Avios would be awarded only for the long-haul part of the journey.

7. Bonus Avios will be awarded as detailed below:
- British Airways First & Club World, American Airlines First class & Business class, Iberia Business Plus, Finnair Business class, OpenSkies Biz Bed – 30,000 Avios for every 1 return or 2 sectors (without upper limit)
- British Airways World Traveller Plus, OpenSkies Prem Plus – 15,000 Avios for every 1 return or 2 sectors (without upper limit)
Seems you need two sectors or a return in WTP or two sectors or a return in J/F as you have now found out.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 3:56 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Are you talking about this promotion? http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/...an-bonus-avios

The T&C's include:
Bonus Avios will be awarded as detailed below:
- British Airways First & Club World, American Airlines First class & Business class, Iberia Business Plus, Finnair Business class, OpenSkies Biz Bed – 30,000 Avios for every 1 return or 2 sectors (without upper limit)
- British Airways World Traveller Plus, OpenSkies Prem Plus – 15,000 Avios for every 1 return or 2 sectors (without upper limit)

So from a quick read if you had two mixed class bookings you would qualify.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 4:00 am

Originally Posted by nux
So from a quick read if you had two mixed class bookings you would qualify.
For a mixed return it only works if you have a mixed J & F. One WTP sector mixed with one J or F sector doesn't qualify for anything.

EDIT: just to clarify I understand the OP has one retrun booking comprising F out and WTP back.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 4:04 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by KARFA
For a mixed return it only works if you have a mixed J & F. One WTP sector mixed with one J or F sector doesn't qualify for anything.
I meant two mixed class return bookings, so 4+ segments (ie F outbound WTP inbound, twice). That would meet the two WTP sectors and two F sectors so should qualify.

But yes if the OP only has one booking then they do not qualify as per the T&C's which BA publish.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 4:05 am

Originally Posted by nux
I meant two mixed class return bookings, so 4+ segments (ie F outbound WTP inbound, twice). That would meet the two WTP sectors and two F sectors so should qualify.
I agree 2x bookings with F out and WTP back would work. But the OP only seems to have one such booking so no dice
Old Oct 25, 2014, 6:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Executive Club

Indeed its F plus Wtp. I understand the terms and conditions. Just found it really odd considering that it's arguably aimed at having people buy wtp and club fares. In an ideal world,would have been great to say you get bonus for wt+ and above flights. Oh well.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 7:34 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
On the other hand, if you make a second return and combine WT+ and F/CW, both those sectors would match up with sectors from the previous trip and your bonus haul would be 45K Avios.

I love these deals, which appear to have become annual events now. It will get me an extra 90K Avios this year. Applies to AA and BA flights by the way and regardless of if you credit to BAEC or AAdvantage.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 8:17 am
Suspended

Programs: BA, Singapore
I can confirm there is no problem other than a system problem with a different cabin arising from an Avios upgrade but I'd like to know is there an age restriction as daughter cannot seem to register?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.