BA Grad Scheme

Old Oct 23, 2014, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, VS, SU
Unhappy BA Grad Scheme

Hi all,

Not sure where to post this or whether it's worth posting or not! But if anyone has any information for me, it's much appreciated.

Basically, I'm looking to apply for this: http://www.britishairways.com/career...rogramme.shtml but the application is not available on the BA website at the moment and I want to apply as soon as this is released. I have emailed [email protected] but no response after 5 working days.

Does anyone here happen to work for HR in BA, or currently doing a Grad scheme at BA?

Many thanks,
Joe
Old Oct 23, 2014, 10:16 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
I'm moving this thread from CommunityBuzz to the BA forum where there has been some discussion on this scheme in the past.

NewbieRunner
Co-moderator, CommunityBuzz
Old Oct 23, 2014, 12:08 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Gold
Did you not click the "How to Apply" section on that page you posted a link to? Tells you everything you need to know there.....
Old Oct 23, 2014, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by joe19924
Hi all,

Not sure where to post this or whether it's worth posting or not! But if anyone has any information for me, it's much appreciated.

Basically, I'm looking to apply for this: http://www.britishairways.com/career...rogramme.shtml but the application is not available on the BA website at the moment and I want to apply as soon as this is released. I have emailed [email protected] but no response after 5 working days.

Does anyone here happen to work for HR in BA, or currently doing a Grad scheme at BA?

Many thanks,
Joe
"We are expecting to open applications from mid-November"

Good luck!
Old Oct 23, 2014, 1:14 pm

Programs: BA, AA, FB
Equally interesting was this link: http://www.thinkyouknowus.co.uk/comp.html

Any undergraduate or postgraduate UK resident student studying at a UK university can enter to win 100,000 avios. At the very least you are guaranteed to receive a few emails from BA! The odds at winning are probably tiny, but you never know...
Old Oct 23, 2014, 1:29 pm

Programs: MUCCI, BA LTG/GGL/CCR, AF PLAT, ETHIHAD AND LH USELESS PLASTIC
Originally Posted by manymany
Did you not click the "How to Apply" section on that page you posted a link to? Tells you everything you need to know there.....
^
(let's hope that reading the website properly is not part of the recruitment process!)
Old Oct 23, 2014, 1:58 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata
I recently spoke to them at my Careers fair and they stated the applications would open when they finish their current tour of UK universities. Make sure to enter the Avios promotion!
Old Oct 23, 2014, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HighLife
^
(let's hope that reading the website properly is not part of the recruitment process!)
In my experience it is a rare feat to find an employer with a well-designed, easy to navigate, low friction application website.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

Heh. That was stupid of me. I've signed up to the Avios competition... looking at so many grad websites these last few weeks that I'm kind of expecting all the info to jump out in front of me without effort! I even Googled the opening date but it didn't occur to me that they'd put an exact date on their own website. "Mid-November" is good enough, at least I can start checking each day from 1st of the month... just to be sure!

Thanks guys.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 4:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Platinum and BAEC blue again :'(
I did one of these schemes. It provided me with invaluable experience which I call upon in my new job and also friend for life. I did the leaders for business one too or 'general management' as I called it. It's very interesting to say the least. I was shocked how quickly I was thrown into the deep end. One day I was being interviewed and the other I was solving problems at check-in to experience BA. Another person who did it became CC for a year and ended up as deputy something or another (she did say but I'm no expert about cabin crew structure or the departments she worked in)
Old Oct 23, 2014, 4:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WeAreFlyingHigh
I did one of these schemes. It provided me with invaluable experience which I call upon in my new job and also friend for life. I did the leaders for business one too or 'general management' as I called it. It's very interesting to say the least. I was shocked how quickly I was thrown into the deep end. One day I was being interviewed and the other I was solving problems at check-in to experience BA. Another person who did it became CC for a year and ended up as deputy something or another (she did say but I'm no expert about cabin crew structure or the departments she worked in)
Wow! Do you have any information on the application process and/or general tips that you might like to share?

PM if you prefer ^
Old Oct 24, 2014, 1:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I looked at the website and was extremely interested to note the section specifically about "analysts" and how they had "clients".

It looks a bit like BA have some kind of internal consulting department, which was one of my IDEA!s at QR about five or six years ago!
Old Oct 24, 2014, 2:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
BA always had a consulting arm, it was called Speedwing. It ran Olympic at one point!
Old Oct 24, 2014, 3:05 am
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
I applied to this last year, got to the interview and then left it there. Was interesting to say the least. There was some heated reaction...

See: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...d-ba-week.html
Old Oct 24, 2014, 3:23 am

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
Originally Posted by joe19924
I'm kind of expecting all the info to jump out in front of me without effort! [......] it didn't occur to me that they'd put an exact date on their own website.
Sigh, I despair of youth today!

I agree, it is cunning for BA to put the info on their own website fiendishly obscuring it so that only the most dexterous applicants can find it by virtue of a well pointed mouse click, if you send them an email at [email protected] they'll come to your house with a presentation and the application forms and arrange the interview from the comfort of your own home....

Seriously though, do let us know how you get on, it would be interesting to hear the ins and outs!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.