Who will be the last BD gold?

Old Oct 21, 2014, 4:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BD Gold (yes forever), BA Silver, Hilton Gold.
Who will be the last BD gold?

Tomorrow I will be making my last planned visit to the LHR Flounge, courtesy of my status match when BA took over BMI. My card expires soon and so it is relegation to Silver for me. Despite doing quite a bit of flying this year I usually travel down the back so I only managed to get 535 TPs. It is very hard for a leisure traveller to maintain BA status from economy so maybe next year I will need to do a TP run to keep my silver card.

Anyway my question is how many other BD scroungers are still clinging on in there and how long before the real BA golds get their lounge back? My card expires at the end of November but I have no other LHR flights planned, who will be the last BMI gold to leave the flounge?

It has been fun and I have enjoyed the flounge on my many visits but it is time to say goodbye to G&T sorbet and flounge burgers. I am not looking forward to the fighting for a seat in the Galleries club.

On the up side I have earned a bucket load of avios from all my flights so that has taken care of the honeymoon next year, CCR here we come!
Old Oct 21, 2014, 4:22 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
That's really impressive. I feel like I'm on my second year of earnt BA Gold (was also BD Gold, but never got the "match") since the merger and I'm potentially about to lose Gold early next year.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 12:09 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club, UA Mileage Plus, bmi Diamond Club
I am soon to be Mrs BigVince76 - I was BD Silver but took the status match too early, so dropped to bronze and then had the ignomy of receiving my BA Blue card in the post on Monday. The horror!

Fortunately I should be back to bronze soon (I got the 2 week extension to my account to credit the extra Avios I needed). Bronze might not be much but it seems such an improvement on Blue that I'll take it!
Old Oct 22, 2014, 12:16 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; IHG Diamond-Amb; Accor & Meli & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by BigVince76
honeymoon next year
Originally Posted by saint_em
I am soon to be Mrs BigVince76
Aaaaaaaah... A match in any way attributable to FT, by any chance? Either way: congratulations and enjoy your travels!
Old Oct 22, 2014, 12:29 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club, UA Mileage Plus, bmi Diamond Club
Originally Posted by IMH
Aaaaaaaah... A match in any way attributable to FT, by any chance? Either way: congratulations and enjoy your travels!
We met before he introduced me to FT - but obviously I'd have ditched him ages ago were it not for the lounge access and business class flights (he sent me home from New York in J on Singapore - upstairs! - when we couldn't get 2 seats together on the same day). Bmi miles were great!
Old Oct 22, 2014, 12:52 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; IHG Diamond-Amb; Accor & Meli & HH & Marriott Gold
obviously I'd have ditched him ages ago were it not for the lounge access and business class flights
Obviously.

Bmi miles were great!
They were, they were... Which takes us back to OP's question: I somehow managed to get distracted by burning those luvverly BD miles and lost BD*G before I could status match to BA. But 2015 will see a new Gold card heading my way, neatly freeing up space for BigVince76 in Galleries Club.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 12:56 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
My status match to BAEC gold ended in June of 2013, but I did some TP running and earned my way back to gold a few months later. I will do the same thing in June/July of 2015.

A friend who traveled with me in December of 2011 earned her way from nothing to bmi Silver; her last lounge access from the BA status match will be next week.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.