Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Pay for seat reservations again after POUG via MMB?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2014, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver,

Hi All,

Not sure if anyone can answer this (and can save me a lengthy hold on the phone to BA). I've just upgraded my flight on Thursday from WT to WT+ through MMB.

I'd originally paid to reserve seats and now that i've upgraded, i'm being asked to pay again if I want to reserve. Normally I wouldn't bother, but my other half is travelling on another PNR and we obviously want to sit together.

Any ideas? I'm guessing the seat reservation fee hasn't been refunded.

Cheers,

Andy
Old Oct 20, 2014, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by andyinflitwick
Hi All,

Not sure if anyone can answer this (and can save me a lengthy hold on the phone to BA). I've just upgraded my flight on Thursday from WT to WT+ through MMB.

I'd originally paid to reserve seats and now that i've upgraded, i'm being asked to pay again if I want to reserve. Normally I wouldn't bother, but my other half is travelling on another PNR and we obviously want to sit together.

Any ideas? I'm guessing the seat reservation fee hasn't been refunded.

Cheers,

Andy
You can receive a refund after your paid upgrade or you can pay the additional fee due to select a seat in your new cabin. You should call if you want to pay the additional. From britishairways.com:
Refunds

When and how you can claim a refund

You can claim a refund for reserved seats if:
•There is an aircraft change and we are unable to seat you in a suitable alternative seat that you are happy with.
•There is a flight disruption and you have to be moved to another flight, meaning that we are unable to seat you in a suitable alternative seat on your new flight that you are happy with.
•You become unable to meet CAA safety requirements to sit in an exit row seat, and you contact us at least 48 hours before your flight.
•You have paid for an upgrade and do not wish to pay the difference in order to reselect your seat in the alternative cabin.

You must apply for a refund on ba.com as refunds cannot be processed at the airport or on board.

We will only make a refund to the credit card used to pay for the seat reservation, unless otherwise stated.
http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/...es-and-refunds

See also:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20030917-post2.html
Old Oct 20, 2014, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver,
Thanks for the quick answer
Old Oct 20, 2014, 3:58 pm

My recent similar experience (WT+ to CW) is that if you go through the online process for reserving a seat in the new cabin, it will recognise the amount you have already paid and only bill you for the difference. This despite it suggesting at the start of the process it will charge you the full amount.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 5:51 pm

When will pricing suitable for the time of day be introduced?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.