Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

British Airways fleet 'spot the difference'

British Airways fleet 'spot the difference'

Old Oct 20, 2014, 2:31 pm

Programs: FB LT Plat, BA LTG, LH HON
2/8 guesswork (and not very good guesswork at that)

After 30-odd years of flying I can safely say that 90% of the time I have absolutely no idea what sort of plane I'm sat on....
Old Oct 20, 2014, 2:39 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club, Virgin FC
8/8

i agree with the 772 and 77W comments, but i bet the 763 confuses a lot of people...
Old Oct 20, 2014, 2:40 pm

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Originally Posted by Fly Baby
+1

(note to self: get out more)
Plus another one. Also do pretty well (high 90% on the Airliners.net quiz).

PS My excuse is I DO get out more.... looking up at the sky whenever I hear a plane go by!
Old Oct 20, 2014, 4:32 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by chris1979
ooohhh.

I do like the sound of this (can't access youtube from work).

not surprised by the stats though - I often have to stop myself interrupting others at dinner parties when they tell me that they flew a jumbo to somewhere in Europe or First Class to Paris from London or so.
This is probably why I don't get invited to such things. I simply must correct people. There was an 'article' in the DM a few weeks ago about different first class cabins. In the comments someone complained her son bought her a BA first class ticket and she was bitterly disappointed. Small seat, mediocre food and no IFE. Her flight was Heathrow to Paris. I raged!!!
Old Oct 20, 2014, 4:43 pm

Programs: Mucci; BA, LT GGL; QF, platinum; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by chris1979
ooohhh.

I do like the sound of this (can't access youtube from work).

not surprised by the stats though - I often have to stop myself interrupting others at dinner parties when they tell me that they flew a jumbo to somewhere in Europe or First Class to Paris from London or so.
I got quite put off by the latest Stella Rimington novel when there are two occasions in which someone travels in first class in BA in Europe. The fact that she was formerly head of MI5 provides concerns at the state of British intelligence services!
Old Oct 20, 2014, 4:48 pm

Programs: Mucci; BA, LT GGL; QF, platinum; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 1HourPhoto
Oh dear 8/8. I'm such a geek.
+1. They could at least have asked whether no 4 was a -200 or a -300. As VIIJ, it was the former!
Old Oct 20, 2014, 4:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
I was too busy figuring out what was wrong with sound to understand it was a quiz. Now that I've read the replies here it wouldn't be fair to participate in it.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 6:40 pm

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Originally Posted by Arranguez
...that craft that lands on the beach in Scotland might be testers too!
It's a Boeing Twin Otter, but it's actually a Loganair aircraft.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 7:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite Plus
Originally Posted by paul4040
It's a Boeing Twin Otter, but it's actually a Loganair aircraft.
Boeing? Or DeHavilland?
Old Oct 20, 2014, 8:12 pm

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Originally Posted by dera

Boeing? Or DeHavilland?
BA list it as a Boeing on their site when you book it. I always assumed these particular aircraft were built when de Havilland fell into Boeing's hands.

A Boeing 717 is a DC-9 (or an MD-95!) to many people...
Old Oct 21, 2014, 3:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
8/8 too. If people can tell the difference between different BMWs, why not different aircraft?!

It even confuses some cabin crew though, I've flow on an 'Boeing 319 Aircraft' according to LGW crew before.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 4:19 am

Another way to spot the difference between A319/20/21 and a B737 is the winglets an airbus has but Boeing doesn't
Old Oct 21, 2014, 5:45 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by ShadowCaptain
This is probably why I don't get invited to such things. I simply must correct people. There was an 'article' in the DM a few weeks ago about different first class cabins. In the comments someone complained her son bought her a BA first class ticket and she was bitterly disappointed. Small seat, mediocre food and no IFE. Her flight was Heathrow to Paris. I raged!!!
LOL. dinner parties are "such things" for you? maybe part of the problem, my dear friend?

Originally Posted by morges1
I got quite put off by the latest Stella Rimington novel when there are two occasions in which someone travels in first class in BA in Europe. The fact that she was formerly head of MI5 provides concerns at the state of British intelligence services!
deary me. It does really get me up the wrong way.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 5:47 am

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue
I got 5. I managed all the Boeings fine but I got the airbuses very confused (like thinking the 321 was a 787 they'd cheekily stuck in twice )
Old Oct 21, 2014, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by Yesitsme
Another way to spot the difference between A319/20/21 and a B737 is the winglets an airbus has but Boeing doesn't
Aren't they called wingtip end fences on the airbus's rather than winglets? Also, the newer 737's have 'sharklets' which is another word for rather large winglets

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.