Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Lounge Behaviour - am I the only one disgusted..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge Behaviour - am I the only one disgusted..

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2014, 2:56 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by TheBaps
This thread indicates that there are some terribly sensitive people using BA lounges!
No, Dear, This thread indicates that there are some terribly insensitive people - nay disgusting people using BA lounges.

I have long said here how horrible it is to have feet on the bulkhead - I actually would prefer shoes to socks and socks to bare feet altogether. I have told you many times about that man (aka pig) who was clipping his toe nails in F and how a piece flew through the air and landed in someone's drink.

I am tempted to wonder what people do in their own homes - however of far greater interest is when one walks through hotels when rooms are being cleaned and the maid leaves the door propped open. It looks like a garbage dump and the wardrobe ignored in favour of a floor-drobe. I really wonder sometimes how the maid manages to clean anything at all.

This is yet another symptom of the I'm paying so I'll do as I please and to hell with manners or basic hygiene syndrome.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 3:00 am

Programs: FB LT Plat, BA LTG, LH HON
Originally Posted by TheBaps
This thread indicates that there are some terribly sensitive people using BA lounges!
^^^

And few people who grasp the concept of public transport!
Old Oct 21, 2014, 3:13 am

Programs: Meh
All the time I see in lounges socially unacceptable or annoying acts. Then I remind myself I am in a public transit lounge and in a matter of minutes I will be out of there.

some of the complaints on this thread are laughable I have to say.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 3:39 am

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
(...)or basic hygiene syndrome.
If we put social customs/phobias to one side, what's unhygienic about bare feet?
Old Oct 21, 2014, 3:47 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
No, Dear, This thread indicates that there are some terribly insensitive people - nay disgusting people using BA lounges.

I have long said here how horrible it is to have feet on the bulkhead - I actually would prefer shoes to socks and socks to bare feet altogether. I have told you many times about that man (aka pig) who was clipping his toe nails in F and how a piece flew through the air and landed in someone's drink.

I am tempted to wonder what people do in their own homes - however of far greater interest is when one walks through hotels when rooms are being cleaned and the maid leaves the door propped open. It looks like a garbage dump and the wardrobe ignored in favour of a floor-drobe. I really wonder sometimes how the maid manages to clean anything at all.

This is yet another symptom of the I'm paying so I'll do as I please and to hell with manners or basic hygiene syndrome.
Here, Here, my sentiments entirely, those pax are so wrapped up in their own importance that they have no respect for others because it would interfere with their existence, actually it wouldn't even enter their heads that other pax are around them.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 3:49 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
I have told you many times about that man (aka pig) who was clipping his toe nails in F and how a piece flew through the air and landed in someone's drink.
[Edited to add: Two paragraphs below pertain to activities witnessed on board aeroplanes and/or in lounges by me]

I've seen a woman clipping her toe nails, another painting her toe nails (she was promptly told off by a member of cabin crew for the smell of nail varnish) and also a lot of women filing their nails, both toes and fingers.

Men clipping their nails, picking rubbish from under the nails and flicking them etc too.

Not really appropriate for aeroplane or lounges. There are things that should not be done in public.

When I was at school, we were specifically told that it is terribly ill-mannered to do any kind of public grooming except for a very, very quick lipstick touch-up while looking away a little bit into a compact. Don't girls get told that nowadays? Am I showing my age?

So true. I find it sad that some people do not seem to think about others and think "I do what I want, sod the others".

Last edited by LTN Phobia; Oct 21, 2014 at 4:24 am
Old Oct 21, 2014, 3:49 am

Programs: BA BLUE BADGE
So if I'm reading this right, just beneath a wafer thin veneer of politeness everyone in the lounge hates everyone else in the lounge with a vengence.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 3:51 am

Originally Posted by VC10 Boy
Surely the solution is to equip lounge ambassadors with cattle prods. Feet on the sofa will earn a quick zap. For repeat offenders, turn the voltage up.

Cattle prods should also be handed to passengers in the last row of CE for to use on any whY types who try to avail themselves of the forwards lav.
Love it!
Old Oct 21, 2014, 3:54 am

Originally Posted by Lioneye
So if I'm reading this right, just beneath a wafer thin veneer of politeness everyone in the lounge hates everyone else in the lounge with a vengence.
Well, some people behave like they do hate everyone else around them, such is the repellent effect of their behaviour I guess they'd rather disgust people away than saying that they do not want other people within 20 metres of them
Old Oct 21, 2014, 3:55 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by SukiB
I'm sure you didn't know this (otherwise I'm sure you wouldn't have said it, even in jest), but all the Specials I know find this term quite offensive. Most of the long term Specials take it very seriously, it being exactly the same job as a regular officer but without pay. I would hardly call dealing with railway fatalities, serious assaults, drug dealers etc a pastime or hobby in any respect. It's a valuable civic voluntary duty, not just an excuse to drive cars really fast.
Appreciate the sentiment, but having worked as a 'hobby bobby' on the streets of Glasgow, I can assure you that I also took it seriously and I don't find the term offensive at all
I clearly did something wrong, though, as I didn't get to drive any fast cars!
Old Oct 21, 2014, 3:57 am

Originally Posted by Lioneye
You are absolutely right. Doesn't this extend outside to everyday life, other than friends and family, (although we have stopped seeing dear friends who suddenly started to talk only when they had put food in their mouths and then chew with mouths open) that people just annoy one in some form or other. Grumpy old woman here!!!!
Old Oct 21, 2014, 4:03 am

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
I've seen a woman (snip list of stuff many people do)
Q: Is it the doing of these things per se, or that you have to see them being done?
Old Oct 21, 2014, 4:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia

When I was at school, we were specifically told that it is terribly ill-mannered to do any kind of public grooming except for a very, very quick lipstick touch-up while looking away a little bit into a compact. Don't girls get told that nowadays? Am I showing my age?
No, some girls are still taught that
Old Oct 21, 2014, 4:22 am

Originally Posted by shorthauldad
Q: Is it the doing of these things per se, or that you have to see them being done?
Doing those things in private is perfectly acceptable and in fact a good idea However, doing those things in public is naughty and not in a "naughty but nice" way.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 4:47 am

Programs: MUCCI - Order of the Diamond Hairbrush and Champion of Queens,BA Broon,HH Diamond,PC Plat,BA Amex
[QUOTE=LTN Phobia;23709763]

Am I showing my age?

QUOTE]

Honestly ?

Yes.

And not for the first time.

But as long as that's all you're showing, you should be fine !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.