Thank you BA

Old Oct 1, 2014, 3:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: MUCCI -- What else matters?
Thank you BA

It's the little things that make a difference. Yesterday I was up in Edinburgh and took ill. I struggled through a presentation I had to give and got in a cab to the airport, arriving five hours before my flight. I must have looked somewhat the worse for wear, the lovely lady in the lounge asked if I was feeling OK, really looked after me, and moved me to an earlier flight (without charge) so that I could get home without having to sit around for hours in the lounge. As I say, it's the little things, but really appreciated...well done BA.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 3:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Edinburgh lounge staff are lovely!
Old Oct 1, 2014, 3:47 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, BA Amex Prem, BA Amex Business, Amex Platinum, Coutts Silk, Hilton Diamond etc.
Originally Posted by KenJohn
Edinburgh lounge staff are lovely!
Couldn't agree more.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 4:13 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Originally Posted by crazy8534
Couldn't agree more.
I definitely agree with that as well.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 4:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
I have heard a rumour that Edinburgh lounge staff have a disportionately high level of Golden Tickets received.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 4:21 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by KenJohn
I have heard a rumour that Edinburgh lounge staff have a disportionately high level of Golden Tickets received.
That's very much true. One lady on the BA lounge, who used to be BA staff before they were outsourced, has the second highest number ever awarded, and was taken off to Gleneagles by way of a thank you.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 5:19 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Nice story from SimonsMiles

I found that the staff in the Aberdeen lounge were also very nice. They really couldn't do enough to help me. Maybe it's a Scottish thing...I'm so glad that they didn't leave us :-)

Last edited by headingwest; Oct 1, 2014 at 5:24 am Reason: added
Old Oct 1, 2014, 5:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
That's very much true. One lady on the BA lounge, who used to be BA staff before they were outsourced, has the second highest number ever awarded, and was taken off to Gleneagles by way of a thank you.
It's great that she's been recognised, but shouldn't she be given a bonus and a new job as a peer trainer rather than a day out (or perhaps both!). BA should be working with their lounge partner to share her approach with other lounge staff IMO.

Next time I go to the Glasgow office i might just fly via Edinburgh!
Old Oct 1, 2014, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by BerksFlyer
Next time I go to the Glasgow office i might just fly via Edinburgh!
The Glasgow staff are nice too!
Old Oct 1, 2014, 6:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
Originally Posted by layz
The Glasgow staff are nice too!
Indeed they are, but I have never been to Edinburgh lounge or even the airport!
Old Oct 1, 2014, 7:11 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
the EDI lounge angels are indeed very nice and helpful.

I do sometimes 'worry' though that their helpfullness isn't always in line with BA 'policy' and therefore too much helpfulness might not do them personally (from a career point of view) too many favours?

one scenario I recall was an issue with our LCY flight and a wheel needing to be changed causing a 90 mins delay. The angels quite happily rebooked pax on a LHR service and an LCY service 60 mins later instead but at one stage got a call from someone else telling them to stop moving people around as the flight was not cancelled.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 7:16 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by headingwest
Nice story from SimonsMiles

I found that the staff in the Aberdeen lounge were also very nice. They really couldn't do enough to help me. Maybe it's a Scottish thing...I'm so glad that they didn't leave us :-)
I would second that, following LHR issues that pushed every single flight back by at least 2 hours, I was recently moved to an earlier flight before I had even asked if it was a possibility. Poor lady then paged me 4 times to let me know, but I had fallen asleep with headphones on. When I went and asked, there was my new boarding card waiting for me. After 4 unanswered pages she could easily have just skipped me....
Old Oct 1, 2014, 7:19 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Great to hear this - the EDI staff are great and this somewhat debunks the idea that all BA (including outsourced) staff think the Golden tickets are worthless.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 8:59 am

Programs: MUCCI, BA LTG/GGL/CCR, AF PLAT, ETHIHAD AND LH USELESS PLASTIC
Originally Posted by Paralytic
Great to hear this - the EDI staff are great and this somewhat debunks the idea that all BA (including outsourced) staff think the Golden tickets are worthless.
Do 'all' BA staff really think this, and has anyone ever alleged this?

Anyway, I certainly agree it's great to hear this and as a very regular distributor of golden tickets, I will continue!
Old Oct 1, 2014, 9:10 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by HighLife
Do 'all' BA staff really think this, and has anyone ever alleged this?
I've definitely read a staffer here say BA staff think the Gold tickets are a waste of time. Can't be sure if the word "all" was used though.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.