Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Euro Traveller - Is it acceptable to ask for a 2nd drink?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Euro Traveller - Is it acceptable to ask for a 2nd drink?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2014, 8:49 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by JustTheOne
Out of interest, would they object to someone asking for two drinks at the start of the service instead?
On a recent trip to DUS, our group were given two drinks each to start with, didn't even ask.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 8:49 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
See also: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-band-4-a.html
Old Sep 29, 2014, 9:09 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Carlson Gold Elite, Accor Platinum, SPG Gold, Marco Polo Gold
+1 for waiting until service is finished and going up to the Galley. It's quite common for us to get 2x drinks on the first round anyway.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 9:16 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by headingwest
Is it acceptable to ask for a 2nd (or even 3rd!) drink on a Euro Traveller flight?
Originally Posted by JustTheOne
Out of interest, would they object to someone asking for two drinks at the start of the service instead?
Oh, I did chuckle...yes, of course it is, both! On the return flight home at the end of a day I'll often ask for two G&Ts. More often than not the nice CC will come around later and ask me if I would like a third.

But it is better in CE, I'll grant you that, where they will ply you with booze until you roll off the aircraft!
Old Sep 29, 2014, 9:24 am

Programs: Mucci des Ancients Matelots
during the initial drinks run I often ask for a beer and a separate whiskey with ice. It's never even raised an eyebrow and means I can usually relax for the rest of the flight without having to ask for a second drink.

Being British it took me several flights and aborted attempts to get brave enough to request this.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by GaxxyFlyer
Being British it took me several flights and aborted attempts to get brave enough to request this.

That's probably my problem too!
Old Sep 29, 2014, 9:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, Asiana Club Dmnd (*G), AA plat, Alitalia FA, SPG Plat, Accor Plat, HGP Dmnd, HH Dmnd
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Oh, I did chuckle...yes, of course it is, both! On the return flight home at the end of a day I'll often ask for two G&Ts. More often than not the nice CC will come around later and ask me if I would like a third.

But it is better in CE, I'll grant you that, where they will ply you with booze until you roll off the aircraft!
Indeed - A few times CC in euro traveller has offered me two of those 50ml bottles at the beginning of the service - resulting in stumbling to the Heathrow Express. Compared to other airlines, I find the drinks service on BA very good on s/h.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 9:44 am

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
I nearly always ask for a drink and a coffee on a Domestic....
Old Sep 29, 2014, 9:48 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
We always order two drinks each at the first pass to save calling the cabin crew back too quickly. It seems to make no difference if we are in CE or ET or domestic, they always seem keen to serve.
Depending on the length of flight it will then be another two each later when the crew are passing, and possibly an extra as we use the toilets.

However we do always use a cab at the other end!
Old Sep 29, 2014, 10:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, FB Gold, *G, Hilton Diamond, Just Eat Platinum For Life
I always tend to ask for two drinks at the beginning of the service, especially on short flights - so as not to bother the crew again.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 10:10 am

Programs: BAEC
I hope it's fine to ask for more. But use the call bell to make the requests - just please don't keep walking through the CE cabin...
Old Sep 29, 2014, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by bafan
I hope it's fine to ask for more. But use the call bell to make the requests - just please don't keep walking through the CE cabin...
When I'm in ET I'd always go to the rear galley and ask there.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 10:20 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by layz
When I'm in ET I'd always go to the rear galley and ask there.
But the trolley is always in the way...
Old Sep 29, 2014, 10:23 am

I often ask for two, usually one soft and one hard.

But to the posters worried about 'inconveniencing' or 'putting out' the cabin crew - that's their job, and asking for another drink is a very standard request, nothing outlandish!

If you're coy about asking, they no doubt prefer you going back to the galley and putting on some humility (usually results in as much as you can carry!) than summoning them with the call bell - but you can do that too, especially if you're squished in the window!
Old Sep 29, 2014, 10:28 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
Originally Posted by Skipcool3
I nearly always ask for a drink and a coffee on a Domestic....
Me too.

And I always ask for a second drink if I'm particularly thirsty.

On domestic morning flights I always ask for a second coffee because I know that the manual says they should have coffee and tea on the clear in trolley to offer top ups. Most do but some don't.

I've never been refused.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.