Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

CCR / Galleries First lounge changes speculation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CCR / Galleries First lounge changes speculation

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2014, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite Plus
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
I suspect a Virgin Trains style access restriction.

If you have a flexible ticket you can come in whenever you want, if you have an inflexible ticket then you will not get admittance until 2 hours prior to your flight leaving.

Obviously just Flounge not CCR.
This would make some connections routinely offered completely unusable. Really hoping this is not the thing.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 12:54 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

What the lounge needs....

Kittens

Please use the metal tongs provided
Old Sep 25, 2014, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by dera
This would make some connections routinely offered completely unusable. Really hoping this is not the thing.
No it wouldn't it would have an impact on those planning to spend 7 hours in the lounge but most normal non piss taking customers would be fine.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 1:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
Originally Posted by Prospero
OT
That kitten at the beginning of the video looks really, really scary, like some demonic killer alien kitten. ighck.

they get better later on.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

No it wouldn't it would have an impact on those planning to spend 7 hours in the lounge but most normal non piss taking customers would be fine.
I've spent 12+ hours on a lounge more than 10 times. I guess Ba wanted me to take the piss then.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've spent 12+ hours on a lounge more than 10 times. I guess Ba wanted me to take the piss then.
Maybe not much longer
Old Sep 25, 2014, 1:07 pm

I suspect a Virgin Trains style access restriction.

If you have a flexible ticket you can come in whenever you want, if you have an inflexible ticket then you will not get admittance until 2 hours prior to your flight leaving.

Obviously just Flounge not CCR.
Oh but you are forgetting about those with connections LOM. If I fork out to BA and fly via LHR and have a long lay-over (3h and up) I'd be mightily pissed off if I could not use the lounge during the lay-over. It doesn't make sense.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 1:10 pm
Original Poster

Maybe not much longer
Obviously depends on how drastic the restrictions would be. If it is 6 hours or something reasonable like that, no problem. If it is 2 hours, then it throws BA out of the window in many routes I currently fly them with.

Maybe they add an exception for long connections.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 1:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold, CX Gold, VS Gold, HH Gold, Amex Plat
If they change the guesting policies, I have no idea how it would be achieved, but it better not affect existing bookings! Otherwise some 'creative' boarding pass sharing will be needed.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Petrus
Oh but you are forgetting about those with connections LOM. If I fork out to BA and fly via LHR and have a long lay-over (3h and up) I'd be mightily pissed off if I could not use the lounge during the lay-over. It doesn't make sense.
Well you could use it but not for the full amount of time. I don't see anything terribly unfair about that. The lounge is crowded this would be the best way to address.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 1:15 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
I've spent close to 7 hours in the CCR. Long connection and a delayed onward flight was the reason. I was a very high maintenance customer, after 5 hours I asked for a second pot of tea and a shortbread biscuit.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

Well you could use it but not for the full amount of time. I don't see anything terribly unfair about that. The lounge is crowded this would be the best way to address.
That would make me book another airline for that trip.

If BA inconveniences me with a long trip time, which they very often do, and then makes me sit outside in the terminal during the layover, there would be no reason for me to fly with them anymore on those trips.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 1:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hyatt Plat, Amex Plat.
Originally Posted by Speedbird876
Children will be banned from the lounges.

Actually this fits both options, controversial or well-received, depending on your point of view.

Obviously the opposite. Gold's travelling with spouse and kids will be welcomed, twice per year. This change made in response to the human rights abuses of forlorn non gold spouses languishing outside GF entrance while Gold Spouse wines and dines minor child and infant, while chugging prelude.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 2:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

So, let's speculate, what will these changes be?
I hear they've just acquired a few of these signs. Should make the lounges quieter.

Old Sep 25, 2014, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by nobbyclark
Not quite, but there are some British microbrewery lagers, IPAs and beers in the FLounge this evening. First time I've ever seen that.
If you like these please leave your feedback on the iPads on stands around the lounge. I hope they remain until I'm next there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.