Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

CCR / Galleries First lounge changes speculation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2014, 5:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite Plus
Originally Posted by darthlemsip
Restrict guests to being on the same flight as the person doing the guesting?
This wouldn't surprise me. Would need a * to the OneWorld rules though.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 5:59 am

Programs: BAEC
I have a sneaking suspicion that this will be the oft-mooted refurb of the CCR cabanas. Will try to tickle some info out of friendly CCR staff tomorrow.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 6:23 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by London_traveller
This would be the best enhancement ever .
Yes - and if you drop from GGL to Grubby Gold, you get to clean up after it as a condition of entry.....

Someone to scatter rose petals in front of you as you enter the CCR (bookable service via Qunitessentially for when you feel extra important)

Small children kept "entertained" by being put to work inside large hamster wheels which will improve the wifi speeds

Member of flight crew to visit you in CCR to ask for your preferred departure gate and preferred route (over my house so I can waive to my dogs of course)

Not much to ask.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 6:27 am

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
A real horse with a lamp headdress in the CCR, not a statue (controversial - some do not like real horses!)
Can only see this happening if when in the CCR you can take the horse for a walk round the terminal
Old Sep 25, 2014, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
c-w-s said something similar around the time the CCR cocktail menu was launched. Are these the same changes or are they something else?

Controversial means it'll be good for some and bad for others, so removal of the champagne to improve the other catering offering would be an obvious one there.

Other ideas: making the lounge more child friendly (i.e. GCH kids + partner can be invited into lounge) - would make some happy but would make others less so.

The other extreme: banning kids from the lounge altogether.

Times replaced with the Daily Star.

Merging CCR and F into one Flounge. (wouldn't be appreciated by existing CCR cardholders.

Closing the F lounge while it's being refurbished meaning gold card holders need to use galleries club.

Abolition of the F lounge and making that floor all CCR and having a single lounge for both silver and gold.

As for the changes everyone will appreciate it can't be LPGS in the Flounge as not everyone here drinks alcohol and out of them not all drink champagne. So it has to come down to improved catering, access rights (i.e. direct from security) or facilities (e.g. better wifi).

I don't think c-w-s would be giving much away if he said if one of my ideas was right.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 6:42 am

Programs: BA GGL/GfL, A3 Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Gold

Live entertainment in the CCR appropriate to the time of day, but inappropriate to the current century. You could have The Krankies doing the morning/afternoon shift, and perhaps Stan Boardman for the later departures.

Everybody leaving the Flounge for a short haul flight with the new cabin gets a special pair of glasses with spy-hole type lenses which make the seat in front look miles away.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 6:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite Plus
Can't believe they would make the floor all CCR. I don't think CCR has capacity issues, whereas GF is often so full you can't even find a place to sit.

Combined CCR + GF, remove ala carte from GF and have that only available to F and CCR pax. LPGS to GF.

Please, LPGS to GF. Thats all I ask for
Old Sep 25, 2014, 6:54 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I have heard from a good source that there is going to be a hot tub on the terrace for CCR, and a mixed sex sauna in the GF.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 6:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by KARFA
I have heard from a good source that there is going to be a hot tub on the terrace for CCR, and a mixed sex sauna in the GF.
Have you been spending a lot of time in Germany recently?

Speculation is fun. I'm going to get my first Gold card in three weeks time so will be able to access GF on my own for the first time. Hopefully, I won't be disappointed by these changes.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 7:03 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by matthandy
Have you been spending a lot of time in Germany recently?
I can't say anymore, and tbh I have said too much already. I believe it is going to look something like this.

Can I ask that no one spreads this around please - it is all pretty confidential and I don't want to get my source in to any trouble.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 7:11 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Good: the secret doors can be used by those with status to bypass the shopping mall trek and is separated from the CCR.

Controversial: yellow is banned from the lounges!

Old Sep 25, 2014, 7:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dera
Please, LPGS to GF. Thats all I ask for
That and the wonton noodle soup, presumably?
Old Sep 25, 2014, 7:14 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
When the clientele in GF look like that then that would be a true enhancement!
Old Sep 25, 2014, 7:20 am
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Originally Posted by KARFA
This would be controversial, we all know that mixed gender would be necessary and you'd think they'd start with straight sex first 😷
Old Sep 25, 2014, 7:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, Geek platinum
Restriction of access to premium classes only maybe?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.