Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: Club World

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2014, 12:36 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Hands Mensing
I'm doing that route (in those planes) in late November - haven't got an assigned seat coming back as I'd have to pay for the return flight. Just hoping I don't get on of the centre seats on the upper deck - anything else should be okay...
The centre seats are fine. Slightly more spacious than other seats and once the privacy screens are up, pretty private. OK, you have to climb over someone but it's no worse than an average window seat.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 4:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by daftboy
Having just done this last month, a few thoughts on MEX and the flight:
- Check in staff were all lovely; a lady guards the entrance to the CW and F queues with her iPad and checks each person is on the list before letting them through, taking the trouble to walkie-talkie the man at the desk a few feet away to alert him a high value customer is approaching
- Staff in the (many) duty free shops are tenacious
- The Iberia lounge was absolutely deserted during our entire time there and had an acceptable selection of drinks with a random assortment of light snacks
- The gate is MILES away from the lounge, leave plenty of time (which we didn’t) – 20 minutes to walk comfortably from the lounge I would say, although they do call the flight
- Starter was prawns of some sort which were not especially edible, for main I had a risotto which was actually very nice
- It’s a relatively long flight so service is relaxed; many people around me went straight to sleep (and the UD was about half full – I had no seatmate in 64K)
- I recall the cabin was pretty warm (aren't they always), so if you want to be cool I'd stay in 62
Awesome, thanks for the guidance
Old Oct 14, 2014, 4:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by onescoop
I'm flying Mex-LHR in CW next month.

I was, however, wondering what the service is like on this flight if anyone has experience? I'm hoping for at least a slightly better dining experience before a good 6hrs sleep.

Also, thanks to corporate TA I can select my seat now, so I've gone for UD 62a for novelty (to me) and it's apparently slightly cooler in this seat than the rest of the UD - I hate being too warm to sleep. I am, however a shortarse and would sit in 64k if the temp diff is not too much to bear for more privacy and to allow a longer legged passenger a better seat. I'm slightly torn trying to choose the best seat.

Thanks in advance!
I flew this route last week.
I agree with all that daftboy had to say. It was a long walk to the gate!
I'd opt for 64k. Very private, and no stepping over anyone to get to the aisle.
I thought the inflight food to be fairly poor. I didn't care much for the Ravioli and really didn't like the Panna cotta di rosa mosqueta, which I thought would be pink and appeared to be brown and tasting of coffee.
As per a post I made elsewhere, I thought that the service at breakfast was dire, but probably only because of the individual crew member.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 12:08 am

CW seating - front cabin or upper deck?

I'm sorry for another seating query, but I couldn't find an answer elsewhere in the forum! I'm looking for seating suggestions for a 744, LHR - YVR. I'm flying solo.

1. Outbound: BA85 (24th Oct). Never been to the top deck before and thought it would be fun to try. The only seat available is 64K, which looks like it could be annoying with the lavs. Do I stay put or is it worth switching to the lower deck?

2. Inbound: BA84 (28th Oct). Here I am currently in 63A but there is also the front cabin available (with solo seats) which "was previously our First cabin and is now sold as Club World". Is it worth sitting in the First cabin or should I stay up top?

Very grateful for any suggestions!
Old Oct 16, 2014, 12:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Outbound upper deck, inbound front cabin (formerly First).
Old Oct 16, 2014, 12:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Originally Posted by Genius1
Outbound upper deck, inbound front cabin (formerly First).
^
Old Oct 16, 2014, 12:49 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by nesbitt
I'm sorry for another seating query, but I couldn't find an answer elsewhere in the forum! I'm looking for seating suggestions for a 744, LHR - YVR. I'm flying solo.

1. Outbound: BA85 (24th Oct). Never been to the top deck before and thought it would be fun to try. The only seat available is 64K, which looks like it could be annoying with the lavs. Do I stay put or is it worth switching to the lower deck?

2. Inbound: BA84 (28th Oct). Here I am currently in 63A but there is also the front cabin available (with solo seats) which "was previously our First cabin and is now sold as Club World". Is it worth sitting in the First cabin or should I stay up top?

Very grateful for any suggestions!
OF > UD Window > any other CW seat
Old Oct 16, 2014, 12:50 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
64K is a good seat, that sounds like a Seat Guru comment, which is not to be trusted. I suspect whoever put that one there is in reverse psychology mode.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 1:12 am

Excellent, thanks for all your suggestions!

Looking forward to it..!
Old Oct 16, 2014, 2:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
63A is my wife's favourite seat (quiet and private) but then she is slim enough to be able to 'escape' between the seat shell and the cabin wall. YMMV
Old Oct 20, 2014, 8:07 am

Is advance seat selection free for OW status passengers, or only for BAEC status passengers?
Old Oct 20, 2014, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by eminere
Is advance seat selection free for OW status passengers, or only for BAEC status passengers?
It should be free for OW equivalents too.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 2:25 pm

Hi

I'm flying LHR-YVR on the 747-400. I bought my ticket WT+ and upgraded to CW with Avios points. I've never flown CW before and would really love to get a good seat for my first (and probably only) CW flight.

I would have gone for one of the ex-First ones but they all seem to have been booked. It's a bit pricey at £85 for a seat but I quite fancy the upper deck. Seat 64K has gone but 64A is still available.

I'm travelling solo and only a Blue card holder. I guess I am just wondering how accurate the "unavailable" seat map is on the BA website. Does this actually change when online check in opens for me in that I could actually end up choosing a better seat for free?

Thanks
Old Oct 22, 2014, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by mustang77
... I quite fancy the upper deck. Seat 64K has gone but 64A is still available.

I'm travelling solo and only a Blue card holder. I guess I am just wondering how accurate the "unavailable" seat map is on the BA website. Does this actually change when online check in opens for me in that I could actually end up choosing a better seat for free?
If you have to pay, then normally 64K wouldn't be available to you for payment. Usually, the UD seats available for paid pre-allocation are 63AB, 63JK and 64AB.

The seat map in MMB is accurate for the seats you then have access to. However, there are seats which it correctly shows at present as unavailable, because they are unavailable to you, but which may become available at OLCI. If there are better seats that fall into this category (eg some of the other UD seats), then you may be able to get them at OLCI. But on many flights, they will long since have been taken by other passengers.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by Globaliser
It should be free for OW equivalents too.
Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.