Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Seeing later/more flights when booking Avios

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2014, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, BMI

I am trying to book an evening flight LGA - ORD using AVIOS but the availability display only shows morning/afternoon flights and I don't see any facility to move down, show later flights or put in "evening" as an option as part of the flight search.

How do I see later/more flights?

Thanks, board!
Old Sep 20, 2014, 2:21 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
You can't online. There is a limitation which means only the first 8 or 10 flights get shown. You will have to call to book.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 2:21 pm

You must telephone BA, as the website designers never considered there could be so many flights with availability. Rev Man do their best to ensure this limitation never affects customers.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 2:57 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
I just book any flight that day, and the grab a stand by for the flight I want, if a seat is open.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 11:21 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the quick, accurate replay. I asked BA.com the same question via webform and here was the reply:

Thank you for writing to us about your upcoming travel plans.

We try to offer as many reward seats as possible on British Airways flights but there will only be a limited number available. This means that on popular routes at high-demand travel times the reward seats get booked very quickly. If you are planning to travel at peak times, we do recommend you book as early as possible to increase the chance of booking your first choice of flight/date.

As flight departure dates approach we also consider allocating additional seats where we have sold less tickets than anticipated. If you need to make a booking at short notice, it’s always worth checking first if you can use your Avios points.

I hope this information is useful to you.

Kind regards

TO me this doesn't address what I asked, but hey-ho.

Thanks all!
Old Sep 21, 2014, 12:08 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; AF/KLM FB Silver; M&M LH FTL; LY GLD; HH Diamond; SPG Gold; A-Club Silver; Avis PCI
The answer is rubbish. The system simply doesn't support showing all the flights of the day when first making a booking, only when changing it.

That's my workaround but it only works well for GGLs because they have no change fees for reward bookings. I book one of the flights I can see and then go to change the flight in MMB. At that point it shows me later flights.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 2:42 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
The reply from BA is a standard reply for a complaint about Avios flight availability. It just shows whoever answered you didn't pay attention to what you were asking. Unfortunately, that's normal for BA customer relations.

I would advise you to call BA and ask for the flight you want and to have any telephone booking fee waived due to the BA.com bug.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

So I replied to the BA Exec Club explaining how they seem to have "missed the plot" to which I received this reply:

Dear Mr Balewne

I am sorry you had to write back to us.

Please contact your dedicated Service Centre, where one of our agents will be able to assist you. Their contact details can be found at:

http://www.ba.com/servicecentres

I hope this gets resolved swiftly for you.

I'm glad they gave me a "solution" but would've also preferred that they said that what I'm attempting can't be done online. I'm impressed though with their quick replies, but they're not as quick as this board!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.