Community
Wiki Posts
Search

time enough for lounge?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2014, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

time enough for lounge?

Hi flying first class tomorrow evening, will arrive terminal 5 at 10:05 A on Monday, connecting to domestic flight departing terminal 5 at 12:35P. Is there enough time in here to visit the lounge? thanks for your help.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 12:28 pm
formerly bdohmen

Programs: Still dealing with the loss of my BA Concorde Room Card
time enough for lounge?

Fast trak and security should take you around 35 mins give or take and then if you use the back door into the CCR should have time to have a glass of champagne or two.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 12:31 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
You may also which to consider landing yourself instead and going landside, up to south security, and back airside which will get you next to the secret door for the CCR. There is no fast track for the passport officer for domestic connections anymore so this may be a quicker route. Have a look how long the queue is for domestic connections when you get to flight connections and decide which might be quicker.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 12:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
If all goes according to plan, you'll have plenty of time to enjoy the lounge, probably 45mins.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 12:33 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Oh, and that is loads of time for your connection to enjoy the lounge. You should be able to get at least an hour of lounge time in if you are landing at 1005 and departing at 1235. Domestic connections go from the low number T5A gates which is the opposite end of the terminal from the CCR. The domestic gates are usually posted around 45-50 minutes before departure.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 12:39 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Until the removal of fast track for international>domestic passport checks earlier this year I would have said you'll have plenty of time. Now the queuing time is indeterminate but is likely to eat into your time at T5. On my last transfer LAX-LHR-MAN we touched down at 10.08 and I reached CCR at 11.40. To me that seems disgraceful for a simple transfer but you probably should anticipate something similar.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 1:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by fripperies
To me that seems disgraceful for a simple transfer but you probably should anticipate something similar.
Not just to you. That is a disaster.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Don't forget to retain your F boarding pass to show at the entrance to the Concorde Room. You will need to show that and state you are connecting from a First flight in order to get access.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LondonElite
Not just to you. That is a disaster.
+1

It's just absurd to make the connection experience at T5 worse, when your domestic passengers have the option of AMS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.