Wiki Posts
Search

BA2039 Aircraft change

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2014, 4:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
BA2039 Aircraft change

Was wandering if anyone would be able to help me. I am booked on BA2039 to orlando today and originally had WT+ seats 12J and K booked. The aircraft has changed and I am now in 13J and K as there is no WT+ row 12 on the new plane I have looked at all seat maps for 777s and all other possible aircraft and no seatmap shows an aircraft where WT+ has a row 13 but no row 12. The girl at the lounge and the girl at the checkin assures me there is in fact no row 12. Has this happened to anyone else? I am intrigued to see what type of plane I am on. I also won't be happy to have been bumped to the row behind what I had booked 3 months ago. Thanks on advance.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 4:03 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
www.thebasource.com lists all the different variants of the 777 including seat maps.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 4:04 am
Original Poster

I looked on all of them, and there is not one variant where WT+ has a row 13 and not a 12.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 5:29 am

You are on a 3 class LHR bird. 48J/24M/203Y

And afaik there is indeed a row 12. Not sure why the ground staff can not see it mind. Load control may well have blocked it off for a reason.

Last edited by Sigwx; Sep 17, 2014 at 7:23 am
Old Oct 7, 2014, 4:40 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies.

Got back the other day from my holiday. There was in fact another couple in 12J and K, with their seats pushed back into our faces straight after take off for the duration. Thanks BA! Love booking my seats 3 months in advance due to my status and being taken off them last minute to seats far inferior. Even had I known that two others would be placed in my seats, I could ahve booked 12A and B, as these weren't selected when I checked how busy the cabin was a couple days before.

Nice of two seperate check-in staff to lie to me though and assure there was no row 12 and that row 13 was the front row.

Also, WT+ is a complete waste of money, I would have been much better booking WT and sitting in the front row than the seats I was in (presuming the aircraft didn't change and these seats removed.)

The UD CW return leg from MIA was much better however, the best service I have ever experienced in any cabin on BA.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 5:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Falconflyer Gold, The Ritz-Carlton Silver
Originally Posted by jamesreid978
Also, WT+ is a complete waste of money, I would have been much better booking WT and sitting in the front row than the seats I was in (presuming the aircraft didn't change and these seats removed.)
I'd usually only recommend booking WT+ for the extra TPs if there is only Ł200 or so between it roundtrip or to upgrade one's backside with Avios. Otherwise, there isn't much in it.

I can also sympathise with the seat change, I had pre-booked 08A on a flight months in advanced only to be put in 23E due to an equipment change and smell/hear people's activities in the toilet for the duration of the flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.