Wiki Posts
Search

Selected seat became "prefered" afterwards

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2014, 1:46 am
Original Poster

Greetings,

just noticed something strange regarding my seat selection.

Booked a ticket with BA, the flight however is beeing operated be AA. From the BA site i have been reditected to AA for seat selection where a regular economy seat had been choosen 2 month prior to departure.

Today I rechecked if anything is missing and noticed the my choosen seat has changed to preferred. Interestingly the same seat on the opposite side of the plane (symetric configuration) is still free and is shown as a regular one.

Anybody has had a similair experience?
Are they going to charge an additional price for this seat at checkin if I do not change seats?

Thanks.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 2:15 am

Programs: SQ, KL

Yes, and no. Had something similar when the return half of an open-jaw LHR-ATL, RDU-LHR was on AA. I was surprised to be offered an AA Main Cabin Extra seat when I did my seat selection, but took it and saw the word 'Preferred' against it when I checked in on the way home. No questions, charges, nothing.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 4:09 am

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Since this question involves a BA booking, I've moved it to the dedicated British Airways forum. If the discussion ends up being better suited to the AA forum, please alert the local mods to request another transfer.

Thanks all!

~Moderator, Information Desk
Old Sep 15, 2014, 4:11 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Can you give us the route and flight number? It sounds like US metal (even though it may have an AA prime number), and on US Preferred is indeed a paid-for seating option.

[I think you've been incorrectly moved, you are presumably looking at AA.com, but we are nice here!]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.