Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Any benefit differences between a US vs Irish address?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2014, 6:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: OneWorld

I have homes in both the US and Ireland, so I can use either address for my BAEC membership. Is there any advantage to using one over the other?
Old Sep 1, 2014, 6:22 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Welcome to Flyertalk Crittercrazy

Welcome to Flyertalk Crittercrazy, and welcome in particular to the BA board. It's good to see you here, and I hope you can continue to play an active part in this forum. Welcome on board.

I'd guess the advantage of the USA address is potentially the link to Chase and any other US based reward schemes, whereas with a UK / Northern Ireland address one may have access to Avios.com and Tescos. If you're only getting Avios from flying and hotel stays, I am not sure it makes a whole lot of difference. In terms of set-up, if you think in Euros or US Dollars then I guess it's easier to work with the BAEC version that works for you, though it can be readily swapped over.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.