Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

What's the best way to pay compliments to a member of cabin crew?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2014, 4:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Platinum Ambassador, Etihad Silver

We flew on BA125 on Friday and one of the cabin crew, Simone, was absolutely wonderful. We had twins on our laps and it was a really stressful flight, and she was so patient and helpful that it really helped us get through it.

I want to know how to contact BA so that she can receive the recognition she deserves. It really felt like she loved doing her job and really cared about the passengers.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 4:15 am

ba.com/welldone
Old Sep 1, 2014, 4:22 am

Programs: BA GfL, TK *G+
brown envelope. cash.

or ba.com/welldone as already mentioned
Old Sep 1, 2014, 4:37 am

Programs: BA Gold
Golden ticket if you have one
Old Sep 1, 2014, 4:40 am

Programs: BA BLUE BADGE
Send her one of the twins.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 4:42 am

Programs: BAEC , M&M , VIRGIN FC , FLYING BLUE
in a situation like this id agree with the ba well done but also a "thank you so much for all your help, you were brilliant " will also give the staff a boost

for those who see the same cabin crew on a regular basis then a small gift at easter or Christmas is a nice gesture
Old Sep 1, 2014, 5:58 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
I agree with online feedback as the most appropriate way to respond ....

Do provide details of your flight in including date etc. to ensure that she receives your thanks and recognition. It seems that these prompts have been removed from the online template.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 9:01 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Wolf whistle.

In seriousness, I always use the ba.com feedback, but I've always had my doubts as to whether or not the feedback actually goes to the relevant staff member. On one occasion I wanted to thank a check in/customer services agent who was efficient and good humoured on one of those horrid T5 windy every second flight cancelled and everyone in a bad mood type days, but only had his first name, which I duly mentioned in my email to van der Post. On another occasion I didn't have a name, but knew that it was the Cabin Services Director (Manager/Purser- or whatever they are called) in the CE section of a flight, so I provided the flight details and mentioned that it was the CSD. I do think it is important to give good feedback as well as negative feedback. I think people underestimate what a difference it makes to staff.

If any BA insiders can provide tips on other ways in which to express thanks then I'd be keen to hear them.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 9:42 am

Programs: BA LifetimeGold GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by where next
brown envelope. cash.
If you give cash, better do it at the beginning of the flight! It might ensure you a very good service.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Southlondonbonviveur
In seriousness, I always use the ba.com feedback, but I've always had my doubts as to whether or not the feedback actually goes to the relevant staff member.
A few weeks back, we saw a cabin crew member again who'd looked after us exceptionally well on a previous flight, and who remembered us. He mentioned that the previous welldone had got through to his manager, who had had a pleasant chat with him.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 11:32 am

Golden Ticket (for Gold members) and/or ba.com/welldone + (and this to me as a semi-social person is more important) personal thanks during or at the end of the flight for service/attention that really has made a difference.

I'm a bit surprised by the suggestions of brown envelopes... I'd thought this was either frowned upon or even expressly forbidden.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
A few weeks back, we saw a cabin crew member again who'd looked after us exceptionally well on a previous flight, and who remembered us. He mentioned that the previous welldone had got through to his manager, who had had a pleasant chat with him.
That's great to hear! I had an especially good experience in June, and wanted to give my Golden Ticket (but couldn't find it). Should have sent a welldone afterwards, but I'm unfortunately not so great at follow-up afterwards. I will indeed try to make more effort now knowing that it seems the feedback gets fed through pretty directly.

At the same time, I'll also keep doing what I consider most important, which is a personal thank you to the crew member involved. I still think this is most important of all, but something that "sticks" in the BA record is also admittedly important.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 12:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AirAstana Silver (much use as chocolate teapot)
I was on the same flight.

I didn't catch her name, but if Simone was the German girl in economy, she was brilliant I have to say. Really top notch. Friendly & attentive.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 12:23 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Mrs KKP and I were were recently on a flight which we thanked the entire cabin class staff for their exceptional service. We completed the online form and truly hope it makes it way to the staff members in question.

I have never bumped into the same nice staff before but if we did we like the idea of giving them a kind gesture presents... Not sure about the brown envelope treatment (might mistake it for P45s) but did make me laugh!
Old Sep 1, 2014, 12:29 pm

We are not allowed to accept any money, so no brown envelopes please. We could get in serious trouble for it and we don't want to offend you by rejecting your kind offer. A simple "thank you" on the day is sufficient, but if you want to send a "well done" or give us a golden ticket then please do as it does put an extra wide smile on our faces. It's a way of letting us know we're doing it right

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.