Search

BA001

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2014, 5:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
BA001

Hello there!

For my 30th Birthday in December I have been looking for while to use my 40,000 Avios to upgrade on a flight to NYC. There hasn't been much availability but I have just booked Dublin-JFK via LCY on BA001

Still trying to find out what return leg to book, I normally fly JFK-DUB direct on the return leg with AA but they arent running the route in winter.

I presume a few members are regular travellers on the BA001 route?

Its my first time flying to LCY, and this will be on the new BA route DUB-LCY.

Thomas
Old Aug 29, 2014, 6:28 am

Programs: BA GGL
I've done BA003 a few times and BA001 once. I love the pre-clearance in Shannon on BA1 as it makes arriving in JFK a very simple affair! The flight itself is lovely; feels like a step above Club World, with very comfortable seats and personal service. I'm sure you'll enjoy it! ^
Old Aug 29, 2014, 6:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
I'm on BA3 this afternoon and have done BA1 as well previously - both are great flights and the small number of pax does give an "exclusive" feel to it - the longer travelling time also make it seem less rushed and more relaxed.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 6:51 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
I've done both (and BA2 and BA4) and it's a great service - good catering / food, great enthusiastic crew, private plane feel.

rather than going into all the details, there are quite a few Trip Reports / general discussion threads on the CWLCY service (lounge gate, timings, pre-clearance) etc so suggest you have a search and start with those.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 7:21 am

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
Sounds like a great plan for a special birthday!

The only problem is that, for quite a number of years, it hasn't been possible to upgrade from WT+ to CW on the BA1-4 services. I guess that this is due to the fact that there isn't a WT+ to upgrade from! It did work initially, but no longer.

Good luck, and enjoy the baby-bus flight that you have got booked.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 7:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
BA1 is great but a word of caution from past years.

It has been common for BA to cancel BA1/B3 on both sides of the New Year over the past few years. I have been caught out on the JFK-LCY twice just after New Years.

This use to be a business-heavy route with few leisure passengers. As such, LCY-JFK loads were extremely light at this time of year and the two daily flights often became one or even none.

I have notice that the number of leisure passengers has significantly increased on this route recently so am not sure how BA will behave this year.

The good news is that BA will rebook passengers on any LHR service when this happens so it is not really a major issue.

BA1 is my preferred flight to JFK for sure.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Thanks for all the replies I am really looking forward to it!
Old Aug 29, 2014, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Last year I flew on the BA01 on the 2nd January and was looking to do the same in 2015 and it is currently scheduled to run on the 2nd but the later Friday departure time.

Flight then was 2/3rd full

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.