Programs: Usual Amex Cent. GGL.
is there a trailing i rule?
Old Aug 29, 2014, 5:43 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
It appears so ...
Old Aug 29, 2014, 6:27 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by Gold77
From the last few days, here are examples of threads where a BA lurker's official answer would be useful:
- Can non elite book an OF seat when these turn to J cabins?
- Official policy on use of CE toilet by ET pax
- T5 fast track policy (for connections in particular) what is BA paying for or not
- what is happening to G-DOCT in Nice?
- Concorde room champagne history.
Please remember this is particular forum is primarily for the BA Executive Club programme, so I would not expect it to be appropriate for BA's appointed representative to answer questions about the wider aspects of BA's business here.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 6:36 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Gastrocnemius
Originally Posted by TRVLUPGD
Is it my imagination or have I seen posts from "NICCI" re BAEC/ BA matters ?
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Nicci used to be BA Executive Club. She has now moved on, and been replaced by someone else (I forget the name sorry!).
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Please remember this is particular forum is primarily for the BA Executive Club programme, so I would not expect it to be appropriate for BA's appointed representative to answer questions about the wider aspects of BA's business here.
(bolding mine)

Exactely this is the point. I believe that Gold77's point was similar to mine that I asked a few months ago, which is that it would be useful to have an official BA presence here, not just to help with issues of missing Avios/TPs, or similar BAEC queries and issues. With the greatest respect to BA Executive Club, much of the discussion on this board revolves around BA (rather than Avios), and having senior input here might be useful.

I point again to Air Canada, where Ben Smith, recently promoted to President, Passenger Airlines, provides direct answers to questions that come from frequent fliers.

Have a look at this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...-q-thread.html

and you'll see that there are questions not like "will I still get Gold if I hit 1,500 TPs a week after my year-end" but rather "when will the 787 be deployed on the YYZ-LHR route" or "we would really like a third daily YUL-LGA service after 1700 because..."

These are topics of real engagement with some of your more frequent fliers.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 6:53 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by LondonElite
(bolding mine)

Exactely this is the point. I believe that Gold77's point was similar to mine that I asked a few months ago, which is that it would be useful to have an official BA presence here, not just to help with issues of missing Avios/TPs, or similar BAEC queries and issues. With the greatest respect to BA Executive Club, much of the discussion on this board revolves around BA (rather than Avios), and having senior input here might be useful.

I point again to Air Canada, where Ben Smith, recently promoted to President, Passenger Airlines, provides direct answers to questions that come from frequent fliers.

Have a look at this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...-q-thread.html

and you'll see that there are questions not like "will I still get Gold if I hit 1,500 TPs a week after my year-end" but rather "when will the 787 be deployed on the YYZ-LHR route" or "we would really like a third daily YUL-LGA service after 1700 because..."

These are topics of real engagement with some of your more frequent fliers.
But hasn't BA made it abundantly clear that it really doesn't give two hoots about the views of any of its passengers in respect of changes (enhancements) to its services ?
Old Aug 29, 2014, 7:03 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by bafan
But hasn't BA made it abundantly clear that it really doesn't give two hoots about the views of any of its passengers in respect of changes (enhancements) to its services ?
Through its actions (then you could say that about pretty much any airline), or has someone come out and said "stuff the customer"?
Old Aug 29, 2014, 7:18 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Jenni
Thanks!
Old Aug 29, 2014, 7:19 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Thumbs down

Through its actions ... or has someone come out and said "stuff the customer"?
By the removal of Fast Track Int-Dom Flight Connections you could say just that
Old Aug 29, 2014, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
My understanding is that this forum is for both the airline and also its mileage programme - hence the heading title 'Airlines and Mileage Programs' and the recent change of forum name from 'British Airways Executive Club' to 'British Airways \ Executive Club'. IIRC there was a thread about it at the time too.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 8:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by andset1191
I really hope no-one has ever phoned up the Gold line, "Hello, I was just wondering what champagnes were served in Galleries First three years, two months and four days ago, just for my personal interest. Thanks"
I imagine the Gold line does receive some strange inquiries/rants/comments but unlike here they at least know who's making them.
Any self appointed BA frequent flyer with status can come on here and post nonsense.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by HIDDY
I imagine the Gold line does receive some strange inquiries/rants/comments but unlike here they at least know who's making them.
Any self appointed BA frequent flyer with status can come on here and post nonsense.
Surely not?
Old Aug 29, 2014, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Gold77
Is it too much to ask on such a lively and well attended forum? BA - an effort please!
And how will Sir be paying for the service today?

Old Aug 29, 2014, 12:45 pm

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
- 40% sensible armchair FvdP observations.....
FvdP?? Go on, give me a clue

[Friday evening sitting in GF @T5 etc]
Old Aug 29, 2014, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by antichef
FvdP?? Go on, give me a clue

[Friday evening sitting in GF @T5 etc]
Oh, for goodness sake.

Frank van der Post, Head of some Customer Scribble Title at BA.
"Brands and Customer Experience", whatever that bull shine means ...
http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/...ary/executives
Old Aug 29, 2014, 1:21 pm

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Originally Posted by T8191
Oh, for goodness sake.

Frank van der Post, Head of some Customer Scribble Title at BA.
"Brands and Customer Experience", whatever that bull shine means ...
http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/...ary/executives
Thanks. I had tried google, and wondered which of the options it might be! The Fruit and Vegetable Development Programme I thought might be relevant.

I had not guessed him .... but could probably have worked out WW :-)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.