Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA 676 - catering times?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2014, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
BA 676 - catering times?

Quick question, out of curiosity:

BA 676 to Istanbul leaves LHR at 0940, and is a Band 4 service. This means it's a choice of two hot mains in Club (basically, a lunch - not breakfast or brunch).

My experience of Club Europe is that it's a drinks run, then food as soon as possible.

Will they delay the hot food service on this flight until couple of hours in?
Old Aug 28, 2014, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You'll get fed at a leisurely pace but they won't delay the service. It eats into the time set aside for reading the Hate Mail in the galley.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
You'll get fed at a leisurely pace but they won't delay the service. It eats into the time set aside for reading the Hate Mail in the galley.

Thanks. I may take a seat further back for once as I don't fancy lunch at 10:15 having had my usual 100 bacon rolls from the Galleries.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 3:41 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Originally Posted by paul4040

Thanks. I may take a seat further back for once as I don't fancy lunch at 10:15 having had my usual 100 bacon rolls from the Galleries.
LOL at last comment, no wonder there are never any bacon rolls left for other people when they arrive
Old Aug 29, 2014, 3:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Better hope CE isn't 4 rows then
Old Aug 29, 2014, 4:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold (thanks to BOB), UA, Flying Blue, Miles & Smiles, Amex BAPP & Platinum
Actually, as Turkey is two hours ahead, it's pretty much lunchtime by the time you've taken off, been wet towelled & had your first drink!

That particular flight a couple of weeks ago in CE was outstanding, by the way.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 4:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH, EK, QR
I did this flight last week on the 767, though we left at 10.30 with 12 of us in 9 rows of club. Drinks from the bar (x2), then lunch about 90 minutes in which consisted of a salad followed by a choice of 2 hot mains - Breaded chicken and pasta or Cod, peas and veg finished off with cheese (1 piece) and crackers or a passion fruit cake thing - with plenty of drinks on request. Very pleasant way to start a city break in the lovely city of Istanbul.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 4:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GK1981
I did this flight last week on the 767, though we left at 10.30 with 12 of us in 9 rows of club. Drinks from the bar (x2), then lunch about 90 minutes in which consisted of a salad followed by a choice of 2 hot mains - Breaded chicken and pasta or Cod, peas and veg finished off with cheese (1 piece) and crackers or a passion fruit cake thing - with plenty of drinks on request. Very pleasant way to start a city break in the lovely city of Istanbul.
Good to hear. I do enjoy Band 4 catering, it's always good to get a choice of two hot mains. Being served 90 minutes in sounds perfect.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.