Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Argentina (EZE) Flight Schedule Reduction from March 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Argentina (EZE) Flight Schedule Reduction from March 2015

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2014, 6:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
I'm more than happy with BA for changing my inbound flight (despite there being no Avios seats available) to accommodate my schedule and the good will refund of some Avios!

In my humble opinion they've done exactly what I would hope/expect and a little more. I've already sent in a 'Well Done' for the agent who assisted me.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 7:09 am

Well my case is apparently scuppered by my using a 2-4-1 so they say they can't put me on the IB service. The supervisor concurred with this apparently.

I'm not very happy. This is their change (which is fair enough) but they have an opportunity to make it work for me - despite the inconvenience of connecting somewhere, but they won't action it.

I'll try again.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 7:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
BA have finally realised that HIDDY is not such a frequent flyer after all.
When your government slaps on a massive tax on all foreign transaction card spend, the tax man restricts your buying of foreign currency to paltry amounts and monitors your movements in and out of the country it's easy to understand why people aren't flying.
Add to that out of control inflation which makes foreign companies think twice about doing business here it's no wonder the service is being cut especially as it's an expensive route to operate anyway and June is the start of the southern winter here which is always a quiet period.

Unlike CAI there's no cheap fares from here either.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 7:39 am

Programs: BA, LH, VS, Hyatt, SPG
Excess capacity is financially ruinous for airlines. That's not to say airlines should have licence to repeatedly change schedules with no notice, but it's unrealistic to suggest airlines must be required to commit to schedules set 12 months in advance. Airlines have to be allowed to adjust capacity to market conditions.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 7:46 am

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
Do we know when the cancellations start and which days they will fly?
Old Aug 28, 2014, 8:23 am
Original Poster

It appears the reduction kicks in on the 1st April 2015.

The flights will operate x5 per week, no flights on Tuesdays and Thursdays LHR-EZE.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by Bobbie2013
It appears the reduction kicks in on the 1st April 2015.

The flights will operate x5 per week, no flights on Tuesdays and Thursdays LHR-EZE.
So the first cancellation is the 2nd April... my flight. Danggit. That was close.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 8:40 am
Original Poster

It would appear Tuesday the 31st March is the first cancellation LHR>EZE but your flight on 2nd April is a close second. I would push (as frustrating as I know it can be) for an indirect with IB, what's the point of the alliance/shared parent if they can't use it to their advantage to resolve situations like this?
Old Aug 28, 2014, 8:53 am

I've tried but got nowhere. They just keep telling me it's because of the 2-4-1.

I think I'll write in and see if that does anything.

In many circs I'd be happy to shift up or back by a day, as I suspect most people are this far out, but in this case I really would like to arrive on the planned date, even at the (time) cost of an indirect routing.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 9:04 am

As someone who spends a lot of time in Bs As, the reduction is certainly bad news to me (albeit not so surprising).

This is tempered by the increase in GRU frequencies, and now alliance with TAM, so I'm not terribly distraught.

Daytime flights to South America are not my thing (although for some people it would be a great way to get as much out of First as possible!), but that returning segment out of GRU at 8pm looks like a nice new option (albeit just 3x/week).

Will be interested to see how redemption space falls out. Despite the supposedly low loads on EZE flights, I've never found it easy to get redemption space except at the very last minute on occasion.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 9:20 am

Programs: Mucci; BA, LT GGL; QF, platinum; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Bobbie2013
BA have emailed me today informing me that they have cancelled my outbound flight to EZE next June.

A quick look at the timetables seems to show a reduction from daily to x5 weekly LHR-EZE.

Interestingly, the Sao Paulo service seems to be increasing from daily x10 weekly.
I was going to suggest that you considered LHR-GRU and then connect with TAM's A330 at 0800. However, I see that LHR-GRU on 2 April is only selling J at £5408 and F at £8495. Is it easter holidays or something?
Old Aug 28, 2014, 9:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, CX Gold (OW Sapphire), Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by morges1
I was going to suggest that you considered LHR-GRU and then connect with TAM's A330 at 0800. However, I see that LHR-GRU on 2 April is only selling J at £5408 and F at £8495. Is it easter holidays or something?
Yes. Easter Sunday in 2015 is April 5.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 9:45 am

Programs: Mucci; BA, LT GGL; QF, platinum; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Also GRU is served by 744s, which I'm still fond of and I'm allergic to the F-less 777-200s to EZE and BKK. I guess that's only because there's no chance of an upgrade.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Also GRU is served by 744s, which I'm still fond of and I'm allergic to the F-less 777-200s to EZE and BKK. I guess that's only because there's no chance of an upgrade.
It's a shame there's no F but as a lowly Silver travelling in CW on a WTP UuA the chance of an OpUp is non-existent for me!
Old Aug 28, 2014, 10:00 am

I have a very similar similar allergy... treatment for it is quite expensive and very inconvenient (I have to fly the most convoluted itineraries).

My other half got extremely lucky on a recent J redemption ticket EZE-LHR... yes, aircraft substitution on day of departure found him in a (new) F seat with J service.

It could be that he was silver, or it could be that at OLCI we'd already nabbed him 2A on the old seat map... (he had been in row 10 before that). In any case they kept him in 2A on the new equipment, which was a nice little upgrade of sorts!

Not sure how often it happens - guessing quite rare, especially as it wreaked havoc on the overall loads once Y ended up severely overbooked...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.