Wiki Posts
Search

Manage My Booking question

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2014, 2:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, onePass
Manage My Booking question

Booked AA award -AA DFW-EWR connecting to BA EWR-LHR-VCE beginning September 9.

I know I can do OLCI on AA.com for 1st flight.......but not sure about the BA segments. When I go to my BAEC account the flights are accessible there and indicate I can do OLCI beginning with my second segment EWR-LHR.

However on my MMB page it lists flight 1 as EWR-LHR, flight 2 as DFW-EWR and flight 3 as LHR-VCE.

1. Is this going to an issue or problem? It does not seem logical that my Dallas flight to Newark to connect to my flight to London is showing as my second flight.

2. After I do OLCI for my DFW-EWR flight on AA.com can I then complete OLCI on BA.com for the BA segments?
Old Aug 28, 2014, 5:48 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
You should be able to check in for all 3 flights on aa.com. At least this is how it should work.

I had this problem before but in reverse - the flights booked with BA were displayed out of sequence on AA on a few occasions. When I called AA that told me that this needed to be fixed and that I would not have been able to check-in if I leave things as they were. The interesting thing is that everything appeared in the correct order on the e-ticket.

See how your flights are displayed on aa.com - I think this is what matters as you will be checking in with AA (either at the airport or online).
Old Aug 28, 2014, 6:13 am
Original Poster

My itinerary is in correct sequence on AA.com.....the funny thing is that when I log into my BAEC......the first page it pulls up has the BA booking reference which shows the first flight originating in Dallas but when I go to MMB it is in the 2nd flight position.

Is this because I cannot checkin for the AA flight segment on BA?

The entire 3 segs are an AA award.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 8:26 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by nalismom
My itinerary is in correct sequence on AA.com.....the funny thing is that when I log into my BAEC......the first page it pulls up has the BA booking reference which shows the first flight originating in Dallas but when I go to MMB it is in the 2nd flight position.

Is this because I cannot checkin for the AA flight segment on BA?

The entire 3 segs are an AA award.
ba.com would be the wrong place for you to check-in. You should check-in on aa.com for all 3 sectors. I think ba.com will redirect you to aa.com every time you will try to check in on ba.com for the BA flight at least until the time your first AA flight has departed.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 9:40 am
Original Poster

Thank you so much😊

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.