Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA to Add Pulled Pork Sandwich to First-Class Menu

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA to Add Pulled Pork Sandwich to First-Class Menu

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2014, 12:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Originally Posted by kanderson1965
And just to add to this, isn't F supposed to be about individual choice? I have even drank beer in F rather than champagne because I prefer it. Just because you have paid for an F ticket does not mean you are compelled to consume haute cuisine. (awaiting comments regarding BA and haute cuisine )
I've always had a few beers in Lufthansa F. Of course they have some proper beers to drink.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 12:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Obviously pessimists don't like pulled pork.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Crampedin13A
I've always had a few beers in Lufthansa F. Of course they have some proper beers to drink.
Molson?
Old Aug 27, 2014, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by kanderson1965
Can someone explain to me what pulled pork is and is it worth sending the butler out for?
Take and roast either a whole pig or the pork shoulder/butt at low heat for several hours. Once it's done, the meat is so tender it pulls apart from itself.

Typically it's served either on a bun with sauce and coleslaw or on a plate, with sides like bbq beans, coleslaw, potato salad, etc. If it's done well, the meat should be so tender and moist that it doesn't require sauce - although a good sauce can be a great compliment to it.

Done correctly, it's a good dish that can handle being reheated, unlike many other airplane meal options that suffer from the cooking/freezing/reheating/whatever else they do to it process.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 1:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by T8191
neighbourhood bars in the US that would make most of the 'champagne set' here wince ... http://www.alleycatalexandria.com/menu.html
Next time I'm in the area (probably late September) I may check this out for the crab cakes! ^
Old Aug 27, 2014, 1:08 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by wrp96
Take and roast either a whole pig or the pork shoulder/butt at low heat for several hours. Once it's done, the meat is so tender it pulls apart from itself.

Typically it's served either on a bun with sauce and coleslaw or on a plate, with sides like bbq beans, coleslaw, potato salad, etc. If it's done well, the meat should be so tender and moist that it doesn't require sauce - although a good sauce can be a great compliment to it.

Done correctly, it's a good dish that can handle being reheated, unlike many other airplane meal options that suffer from the cooking/freezing/reheating/whatever else they do to it process.
Thanks for enlightening me, sounds worth a try.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 1:13 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
The best BBQ I've ever has was here: http://www.countyline.com I never got past the beef ribs to try the pulled pork though. The ribs were excellent! The will ship their meats, but only within the USA.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Obviously pessimists don't like pulled pork.
I love a good pulled pork sandwich. I'm just not confident that BA can do it well. I've had very good pulled pork and the photo does not look like a good example to me.

I'm also not sure of the suitability for a First menu. WTP for sure, F I'm much less sure about.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by Speedbird876
Is it just me or is pulled pork everywhere at the moment and on every menu?

Incidentally, last month it was wasabi. My BA examples: wasabi-coleslaw in GF, then another day CWLCY with wasabi in a starter AND wasabi in a main course.
BA should pull it for good
Old Aug 27, 2014, 1:44 pm

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue
Originally Posted by Speedbird876
Is it just me or is pulled pork everywhere at the moment and on every menu?

Incidentally, last month it was wasabi. My BA examples: wasabi-coleslaw in GF, then another day CWLCY with wasabi in a starter AND wasabi in a main course.
Pulled pork does seem to be very in at the moment. As food obsessions go it probably is an improvement on wasabi

Originally Posted by onobond
BA should pull it for good
I'm being pulled in different directions. It definitely doesn't sound very premium but something that tastes good, is easy to eat and is filling could be a big hit.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 1:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Jagboi

I'm also not sure of the suitability for a First menu.
Would 'Porc Effiloche' be more acceptable for F?
Old Aug 27, 2014, 1:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Crampedin13A
...pork,chicken wings etc...If that's what I want I'd eat them from a proper place on the ground before after the flight.
Surely this, no?
Old Aug 27, 2014, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Would 'Porc Effiloche' be more acceptable for F?
I was thinking hot dogs are the rate BA are going.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 2:10 pm

Location: Manchester but from Yorkshire better known as Gods country
Programs: BA Gold, , Sandals plat
Wouldn't mind hot pork pies mushy peas and mint sauce. I fly F and I love no nonsense non fancy no curries no sauce food. As previous posters suggested not everyone who flies first wants to eat haute cuisine.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 2:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Surely this, no?
Well that was the point I was trying to make. That's not the type of food I'd eat even the night before a long haul nevermind just before or during.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.