Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EU261 claim gc distance

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2014, 4:09 am
Original Poster

EU261 claim gc distance

If someone with experience on this could help would be great.

BRU-LHR-BEY, first leg got cancelled on the day, alternative given was 2 days later, so decided to cancel and refund (another story to take with Expedia). Sent in the claim for compensation to BA, came back with 400EUR.

I do realise it's got to do with the great circle mapping as was confirmed with BA in a subsequent email, but I came across this http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-conte...LEX:32004R0261:

In determining the distance, the basis shall be the last destination at which the denial of boarding or cancellation will delay the passenger's arrival after the scheduled time.
Would that mean in any way having LHR as part of the trip would have it counted (i.e. BRU-LHR-BEY) instead of just BRU-BEY?

Thanks
Old Aug 27, 2014, 4:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The distance is that from the origin to the destination; Heathrow is just a transit point

Since BRU-BEY is 1953 miles then the compensation is correct

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.