Upgrading and Selling classes.

Old Aug 27, 2014, 4:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, VS, Carlson, IHG Gold
Upgrading and Selling classes.

Is there anyway to find out my selling class now that I already have my tickets? I'm sure it's obvious and I'm being done, but I have just printed out my confirmation email and I can't see it on there.

Basically I am travelling to MCO via JFK in October, and wanted to see what my chances were of upgrading from Y now that I am sitting on a little more disposable cash than I was expecting to be... (the joys of spending most of my time alone in foreign countries on expenses for work).

I clicked on the upgrade button on the MMB page, and it said, this flight cannot be upgraded online, is that a bad sign?

Thanks for any input!
Old Aug 27, 2014, 4:06 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
You can find the selling class online in MMB under "flight info".

Getting a message that your flight can't be upgraded online is not a bad sign as ba.com often can't deal with itineraries with connecting flights. If you're looking for a cash upgrade (I assume from World Traveller to World Traveller Plus?) you'll need to phone in. Unless it is a flexible fare you'll need to pay a change penalty in addition to the fare difference.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 4:08 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
I use an iPhone app called My Flights. If I add my PNR and last name into the app, one of the things it tells me is the full fare code - and the first letter of this will tell you whether you have a Y,B or H code which are the ones you're looking for to get a less expensive upgrade...
Old Aug 27, 2014, 4:13 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the help!!!

I have V to JFK and then O on the way back from ORD! Damnit! This is what I get for being cheap!
Old Aug 27, 2014, 4:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, IC Ambassador, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by JustPete
Thanks for the help!!!

I have V to JFK and then O on the way back from ORD! Damnit! This is what I get for being cheap!
On that basis, no chance of UuA as neither of those fare buckets qualifies.

You could do fare difference plus change fee as noted.

You may also get offered a fixed price POUG (for which there is no change fee). No guarantee that a POUG will appear and they don't appear if you have connecting domestic or ex-EU flights or otherwise complicated itinerary!
Old Aug 27, 2014, 4:30 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
You might be able to get an paid-for upgrade at the airport. There's a checkin desk called "BA Promotions" and you might be allowed to upgrade for Ł200 ish (I think it's about that from Y to W to JFK). These are not always available however and of course you'd have to take whatever seats are left as you can only ask once you're at the airport
Old Aug 27, 2014, 5:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FrancisA
On that basis, no chance of UuA as neither of those fare buckets qualifies.

You could do fare difference plus change fee as noted.

You may also get offered a fixed price POUG (for which there is no change fee). No guarantee that a POUG will appear and they don't appear if you have connecting domestic or ex-EU flights or otherwise complicated itinerary!
When you say "appear" what do you mean? Appear at the BA end on their screen when I'm asking, or appear somewhere for me?

Sorry... I am far from a Flyertalk pro!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.