Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

OT: The pitfalls of using Seatguru for your research

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2014, 4:03 pm
Original Poster

So I stumbled across this article about the knee defender thing from that pinnacle of journalism, the Mirror.

It includes a detailed section comparing legroom on different airlines which is, frankly, complete and utter rubbish. I mean, I don't expect much from the Mirror but seriously...?

If you fly long-haul in Economy, you might want to avoid Southern China airways as it's listed as having from just 29 inches of room. British Airways’ Euro Traveller is not much better with just 31 inches on most of their planes.

The top airlines to go with in Economy are United or American Airlines. These have a whopping 36-37 inches of legroom.

For Premium Economy – or Economy Plus as some airlines call it - Condor Flugdienst and Gol (we've not heard of them either) are stingy on the legroom, with just 31-32 inches. According to SeatGuru, the best is OpenSkies which has a generous 47 inches of legroom.

If you prefer flying Business, the ones to avoid are Brussels Airlines and Lufthansa as they only give you a paltry 30 inches. The best in this case is Thai Airways with 87 inches of room.

[Mods feel free to move to somewhere more appropriate]
Old Aug 26, 2014, 4:14 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
I think Seat Guru kind of went down the pan a few years ago when they were bought over by I think by Trip Advisor (please correct me if I'm wrong).

I was trying to do some research on EY when they had mixed configurations on their 77W's (3-3-3 or 3-4-3) before it all went 3-4-3.

E-mailed them at the time to ask them to amend their seating plans as they were showing duff information and got no reply and a couple of years later were still showing the old configurations.

Best one I use now is the BA Source and will advise anyone flying BA to use this.

Think Seat Guru went on a bit of a sabbatical and forgot to come back.

Happy & Safe Travels

S
Old Aug 26, 2014, 4:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Flawed article and, um, what does this have to do with BA?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.