Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA.com unable to process address change

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2014, 4:03 am
Original Poster

BA.com unable to process address change

So, I've been trying to update my address details (including a change of country) at BA.com

I keep getting this error:

Sorry

According to the new information you have attempted to give us, your preferred address is no longer within the country to which you are currently registered. As this requires us to transfer your membership to another region, you will need to contact your current Service Centre in order to make this change.

We therefore have not updated your profile with other amendments you may have requested. If you wish, you can go back and review your original profile to make any changes that do not require a transfer of membership.
So, I called BAEC and they said they were aware of a glitch, the agent tried to update my address details and it didn't work for her either.

She suggested I try again on/after 1 October (!) as they thought it might be to do with the alignment of my BAEC membership year ...
Old Aug 21, 2014, 5:59 am

Location: 15 minutes west of LHR, Stockholm, or somewhere inbetween.
Programs: BAEC Gold GGL, CCR, GfL, Mucci des Recherches des Consommations Exotiques.
Have you changed your address within the last six months?

I think you can only change the address if it has been at least six months since the last change.

It used to be that way, at least if you where changing country.

bjorns
Old Aug 21, 2014, 6:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bjorns
Have you changed your address within the last six months?
No, BAEC have had my existing address for much longer than that.

The agent said it was a glitch, but didn't go into details.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 6:47 am

Location: 15 minutes west of LHR, Stockholm, or somewhere inbetween.
Programs: BAEC Gold GGL, CCR, GfL, Mucci des Recherches des Consommations Exotiques.
I made an address change on a friends BAEC account a couple of days ago, including a change of country.

It went through without a hitch.

bjorns

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.