Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 28, 2014, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JapesUK
This wiki and thread should only include trip reports where at least one BA operated flight or BA operated lounge is featured in the report.

Please populate the wiki with trip reports posted this year, listed alphabetically by author. If you have more than one trip report to share, please list reports in date order of trip, starting with the latest at the top. Please include the author's name, title of report (as posted) and link to the report (on FlyerTalk).

2024 Trip Reports
JapesUK BA Holidays 6 day tier point run
JapesUK A.I. goes to Aberdeen
JapesUK A trip to two continents - Istanbul
JapesUK Back to Bucharest for a toothy treat
JapesUK A Milan Day Trip

2023 Trip Reports
JapesUK A Christmas Escapade, Washington and my first first
JapesUK A Stockholm Weekend
JapesUK Brussels, no sprouts! A short hop for hops
JapesUK Bucharest and back, again, and again, and again
JapesUK Birmingham, Business, and Balti
JapesUK A Budapest long weekend
Spongthrush LCY to Billund Dornier 328Jet day trip
T8191 JER to PHX via LAS and other disruptions
T8191 CHQ-ing in to Rethymno
TPRun BA296 8 Sept ORD-LHR A380 business class upper deck front half.
TPRun B293 LHR-IAD 31 August. F on A380

2022 Trip Reports
Genius1 The New AA / BA Premium Experience at JFK Terminal 8
Genius1 Florida in First Class: BA A380 and AA Flagship First Dining
Genius1 Singapore via First and Club on the World’s Favourite Airline
TheFlyingDoctor Transcontinental: a seven state journey Chicago to San Francisco by rail
TheFlyingDoctor Extraordinary Cosmic Adventures - Armenia via Dubai, BA/FZ/AF
T8191 From Jersey Fog to Phoenix Sunshine with BA
T8191 Jumping through the Hoops to the Caribbean with BA
T8191 BA, Sunshine and Sandals
T8191 "It's all Greek to me" or "Per Ardua ad Crete with BA"

2021 Trip Reports
Efincomputer Going for (BA) Gold! GLA-LHR-JFK-LAX-SFO (and back) in Business Class
Genius1 A Valencian Vista: The Ghost of British Midland International
Genius1 A Glimpse of Glasgow: Grounded No Longer

Print Wikipost

BA Trip Report Index

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2015, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I humbly request the inclusion of my really excellent TR somewhere, which started on 1 Jan 2015, in the appropriate Index. I don't do 'Live TRs', as they're far too exciting to attempt.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...-citizens.html

Thank you, Sir ...
Old Feb 6, 2015, 2:29 am

Is it too late to submit 2014 trip reports?

EDIT: Humbly submit my trip report anyway - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...er-2014-a.html

Last edited by Prestwickuk; Feb 6, 2015 at 4:16 am Reason: Adding link to my trip report.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

TR Shifted

As my "Work in Progress" TR to St Lucia has already been silently shifted to the TR Forum, I will add a placemark here.

There will be much more to be said about BA in Part 4.

Please follow the Thread there, or here, or both.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...-st-lucia.html

Last edited by T8191; Mar 7, 2015 at 10:42 am
Old Mar 7, 2015, 10:50 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aks120
RTW Trip Report

I have just finished a TR with a BA leg!

I hope you all enjoy it!

aks120
Originally Posted by shefgab
I've just finished publishing my trip report to/from Hawaii (yes, another one!). It'd be great if Prospero could add it to the wiki?!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...aa-us-j-f.html

BA 787 LHR-AUS
AA M80 AUS-LAX
AA 757 LAX-KOA
US 757 KOA-PHX
US 321 PHX-JFK
BA 318 JFK-LCY

Originally Posted by T8191
I humbly request the inclusion of my really excellent TR somewhere, which started on 1 Jan 2015, in the appropriate Index. I don't do 'Live TRs', as they're far too exciting to attempt.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...-citizens.html

Thank you, Sir ...
Originally Posted by Prestwickuk
Is it too late to submit 2014 trip reports?

EDIT: Humbly submit my trip report anyway - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...er-2014-a.html
As my "Work in Progress" TR to St Lucia has already been silently shifted to the TR Forum, I will add a placemark here.

There will be much more to be said about BA in Part 4.

Please follow the Thread there, or here, or both.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...-st-lucia.html
Many thanks, links to all the above reports have now been added to the directory in post 1
Old Mar 7, 2015, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I will complete Part 4 tomorrow, and then that's it for TR writing.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

and then that's it for TR writing.

Forever!?
Old Mar 8, 2015, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I will complete Part 4 tomorrow, and then that's it for TR writing.
Originally Posted by Calchas

Forever!?
Yes. No return for my efforts, as very few people bother to comment over there in TR-Land. Not surprising, given that the huge percentage of US users on FT have absolutely no interest in a BA ex-UK holiday route.

However, that's the anonymous Moderator's decision and I of course accept that.

In return, I will stop bothering to write TRs that just get buried somewhere else on FT whilst I'm in the middle of writing it. At least I was allowed to finish my HNL TR on the BA Forum last month before it was politely moved to the TR forum.

I will now be able to enjoy travelling without endlessly taking photos of food and lounges, and carrying a diary recording all the steps along the way, and spending much of jet-lag day generating the TR for the BA community.

PS. I had either not seen, or completely forgotten, Post #9 by Prospero.

Last edited by T8191; Mar 8, 2015 at 8:52 am
Old Mar 8, 2015, 9:58 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Be careful that you don't get told off T8191
Old Mar 8, 2015, 2:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

In return, I will stop bothering to write TRs that just get buried somewhere else on FT whilst I'm in the middle of writing it. At least I was allowed to finish my HNL TR on the BA Forum last month before it was politely moved to the TR forum.

I will now be able to enjoy travelling without endlessly taking photos of food and lounges, and carrying a diary recording all the steps along the way, and spending much of jet-lag day generating the TR for the BA community.
My reports have always been posted directly to the Trip Report forum without the need of a plug on here....that's just the way I've always done it. I don't care how many comments they get as that's not why I do them. Moomba once made a comment saying he mainly published them for himself as they were a good way of reminding him of his travels. Just the other day I read an old one of mine and enjoyed reliving the trip through the report so I agree with him on that.

As for enjoying the flights without having to take pictures and notes. I spend little time taking pictures and stopped taking notes years ago....I just trust my memory or make it up as I go along.

Keep them coming and stop being so flippin' huffy.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 2:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold GGL
Originally Posted by HIDDY
My reports have always been posted directly to the Trip Report forum without the need of a plug on here....that's just the way I've always done it. I don't care how many comments they get as that's not why I do them. Moomba once made a comment saying he mainly published them for himself as they were a good way of reminding him of his travels. Just the other day I read an old one of mine and enjoyed reliving the trip through the report so I agree with him on that.
Why post them, if this is the case? Just save them to your computer. ^
Old Mar 8, 2015, 4:35 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
I for one always enjoy reading Trip Reports, even if I don't always leave a comment. I do hope that T8191 doesn't feel that nobody is interested, because I'm sure they are. All the TR's are full of useful stuff and I think they help people with some of their planning.

Keep them all coming I say!

I must hunt down HIDDY's contributions, I'm curious now.

Last edited by headingwest; Mar 8, 2015 at 4:42 pm
Old May 23, 2015, 5:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Time for another TP run and this time I'm going to try to write the trip report as I go (unlike my last trip to Hawaii where it's still half written on my laptop). As is the norm I'm off to Hawaii, staying for a week so it won't just be a report on all things BA/AA but also a little about Hawaii itself: Another Tier Point/Mileage Run to Hawaii [Semi Live]

I've already written the first chunk, as I'm sat in the lounge at DUB waiting for my flight back to LHR mid afternoon. This gives me a chance to finish the report from August...
Old May 23, 2015, 7:25 am

I'd be grateful if you could add my Video TR of F to SFO to the index. Thanks very much
Old May 23, 2015, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Here's my latest one (still in progress as of 23 May 2015) which can of course be added to the list:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...irst-a380.html
Old May 23, 2015, 3:34 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Genius1
Here's my latest one (still in progress as of 23 May 2015) which can of course be added to the list:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...irst-a380.html
I'd like to add that this an excellent report ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.