Wiki Posts
Search

Question about tier levels.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2014, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, VS, Carlson, IHG Gold

So I originally started off with this whole BAEC thing very casually as I was new in a job that involved a lot of travel, albeit just around Europe and sadly mainly in Y as I continue to ascend the corporate ladder, and earn the right to travel in J.

Anyway I have become a little hooked and now that I am about to hit bronze this weekend, I have an urge to go to silver. This was mainly bought about by the fact that my annual trip to MCO to visit friends now looks like it will be completed with BA rather than Virgin as I can find much better fares.

My question is... Is this worth it? My membership year ends in April. I think I would probably hit silver in Feb or March. I can't figure out from reading what happens to me in April? Do I drop down from silver? Or do I get to keep silver for a whole year??

Thanks, and sorry for asking what I'm sure is a an obvious question.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
If your membership year ends in April 2015, and you ascend to Silver before then, you have Silver until 31 May 2016 and must get 600 tier points between 9 April 2015 and 8 April 2016 to retain it until 31 May 2017, and so on.

If you're going to be continuing travelling a fair amount, lounge access is great to have as is fast track security.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 1:41 pm
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Any status reached is kept for the remainder of that membership year, and all of the next membership year, plus 6 extra weeks till card expiry.

So minimum of ~1 year if you earn status on the last day of your membership year, or ~2 years if you earn status on the first day of your membership year.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stifle
If your membership year ends in April 2015, and you ascend to Silver before then, you have Silver until 31 May 2016 and must get 600 tier points between 9 April 2015 and 8 April 2016 to retain it until 31 May 2017, and so on.

If you're going to be continuing travelling a fair amount, lounge access is great to have as is fast track security.
Thanks very much, got it!!!

Yes I tend to be making European trips 3 or 4 times a month.... Although next year I may move to Munich to work from our office there, but even then the nature of the job will still involve 2 or so flights a month. So yes,it's definitely the lounge access which appeals to me, not sure what the lounge is like at MUC though, I don't imagine it will be amazing?
Old Aug 20, 2014, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Have a look at the Guide thread and the examples provided therein for some more detail regarding tier levels and benefits:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...os-2014-a.html
Old Aug 20, 2014, 1:56 pm

Also there is Lounge database here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...se-europe.html
Old Aug 20, 2014, 1:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K

The lounge in MUC is fine. Close to the gate and they have Aperol. Carpets need replacing, though!
Old Aug 20, 2014, 1:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JustPete
Thanks very much, got it!!!

Yes I tend to be making European trips 3 or 4 times a month.... Although next year I may move to Munich to work from our office there, but even then the nature of the job will still involve 2 or so flights a month. So yes,it's definitely the lounge access which appeals to me, not sure what the lounge is like at MUC though, I don't imagine it will be amazing?
Its not bad - I work in Munich 2-3 times per month and fly into T1 there with BA most of the time. The Lounge is OK, can get busy but is generally clean, fair food, fair drinks selection, good wifi and generally peaceful :-) - the great thing frankly is how easy T1 is to navigate in comparison to T2 and the lounge is a 5 minute walk to the gates we seem to usually use (mostly B9 for my flights). I dont know about Silver but as a GCH I can use the Priority passport / screening channel at MUC T1 which can be a big plus in scooting through to the Lounge ahead of flying out.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TheBigRat
Its not bad - I work in Munich 2-3 times per month and fly into T1 there with BA most of the time. The Lounge is OK, can get busy but is generally clean, fair food, fair drinks selection, good wifi and generally peaceful :-) - the great thing frankly is how easy T1 is to navigate in comparison to T2 and the lounge is a 5 minute walk to the gates we seem to usually use (mostly B9 for my flights). I dont know about Silver but as a GCH I can use the Priority passport / screening channel at MUC T1 which can be a big plus in scooting through to the Lounge ahead of flying out.
Okay, I just wondered.... I am in Munich monthly too at the moment, hence why I may be moving there soon... But I don't enjoy T1 at all. I prefer T2, but never fly Lufthansa since I got the BAEC Bug.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.